Troy Aikman rips Cowboys’ usage of CeeDee Lamb vs. 49ers: ‘The game is not that difficult’

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nope, and it’s true. He both played the game since early childhood and devised plays as a kid with his dad. He is a better student of the game than a player of the game.
And that still does not make him a high achiever. I honestly think he's far too much like Scott Linehan than like super wonderkids like Shanahan and McVay. I am pretty much convinced he is just like Garrett was as an OC. Capable putting up the numbers but coming up short on the tactical end.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And that still does not make him a high achiever. I honestly think he's far too much like Scott Linehan than like super wonderkids like Shanahan and McVay. I am pretty much convinced he is just like Garrett was as an OC. Capable putting up the numbers but coming up short on the tactical end.
Maybe he can be like Shanny and McVay over time, but he has some growing up to do. For as long as he’s been at it, he’s done fairly well. I think he’ll improve upon this season’s performance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is definitely better than Garrett.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He is definitely better than Garrett.
Why? Garrett’s offense in 2007 was elite, taking advantage of solid pass-blocking, Owens, and Romo to target deep downfield a higher percentage of time (Sparano’s influence helped). Then it shut down late in the year with injuries to Owens’ and Andre Gurode.

Same thing happened this year (please ignore the divisional blowouts).

It’s largely the same. Rides talent to perform above average overall, then fails once confronted with injury, defensive adjustments, etc.

In 2009 Garrett changed it, incorporating draws set up by Romo passing to bolster the average run-blocking. But there again were no additional adjustments, evolution, or successful responses to getting punched in the mouth. They couldn’t beat good teams outside of a one shot miracle vs The Saints.

Pose, get punched, fail to respond. It’s the same

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Nope, and it’s true. He both played the game since early childhood and devised plays as a kid with his dad. He is a better student of the game than a player of the game.
I'm specifically talking about NFL experience.

I never felt comfortable with Moore just walking off the field and into a high profile NFL job with his lack of NFL experience.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why? Garrett’s offense in 2007 was elite, taking advantage of solid pass-blocking, Owens, and Romo to target deep downfield a higher percentage of time (Sparano’s influence helped). Then it shut down late in the year with injuries to Owens’ and Andre Gurode.

That was Sparano's offense in 07.

data

Forbes #1
Under Moore, IIRC, we haven’t experienced losses from late game comebacks when we had a solid lead. No disastrous turnovers.

At least not to the tune of those past Lions Bobby Carpenter, Steelers pick six, Giants lost in lights games.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That was Sparano's offense in 07.
Sparano added sanity, but it was Garrett’s offense.

Bottom line it fell apart the moment it was challenged in the playoffs, just like this one did.

It’s a pattern in Dallas. Moore was in place before MM arrived, just like Garrett being hired ahead of big Wade.

Same shit, different decade.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Under Moore, IIRC, we haven’t experienced losses from late game comebacks when we had a solid lead. No disastrous turnovers.

At least not to the tune of those past Lions Bobby Carpenter, Steelers pick six, Giants lost in lights games.
Give it time.

We might not reach that pinnacle of fiasco, but the result is the same… utter failure of the offense when we need it most.

As for lost in the lights— you see the Ced Wilson non catch vs the 49ers?

data

Forbes #1
As for lost in the lights— you see the Ced Wilson non catch vs the 49ers?
‘Lost in lights’ is the name that refers to the loss where we had a 12 point lead with 5 min remaining. I name this game as a disastrous late game comeback that was late in season that essentially knocked us out of getting in the playoffs. We haven’t had this kind of loss since Moore ascended to OC.

Cedric Wilson’s gaffe vs 49ers occurred in a game we never had the lead.

Top Bottom