Trent Richardson to Colts for 2014 1st Round Pick

Carp

DCC 4Life
If they traded the number 3 pick in the draft for the Colts first next year then you may have a point. They didn't though.

And AP averaged a career best 6.0 YPC with Ponder at QB last year. If you think Richardson is a stud RB that's fine. I disagree and if I had the 20th pick in next years draft I sure as hell wouldn't draft Richardson if he was available.
They did trade the #3 pick. Peterson has nothing to do with this either...he is incomparable...but I do think Richardson blows up in Indy.

Also...if they have to move up to get Bridgewater, his selection may end up costing them 7-8 picks to get him when all said and done.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't get why people dislike this for the Browns. The only question you need to ask yourself is, how valuable is Trent Richardson? Forget what was used to draft him in the first place. That has absolutely nothing to do with that trade. People who get caught up in that have no idea about building an NFL franchise. That's a sunk cost. The second Cleveland invested those picks they were lost.

So ask yourself would you take the 20th pick in the draft for a RB who averaged 3.6 YPC and had 950 yards rushing last year? I sure as hell would. He was averaging an even worse 3.4 ypc this season. Nothing else matters. The Browns weren't going to win anything this year with or without an average starting RB.
Correct. I don't know what's more surprising to me, the fact that the Colts were willing to give up a 1st round pick for such a pedestrian performer, or the fact so many people are criticizing the Browns over this deal. This was an absolute no brainer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting quote from former teammate Scott Fujita:

I can’t speculate about what’s in any one person’s head, but when a player enters the league wearing headphones incessantly, shows up late for treatments, and makes little effort to engage with his teammates, he can quickly develop a reputation for being insular and high-maintenance.

It can be perceived that he isn’t happy and that he’s not making an effort to buy in. I’ve seen this happen countless times, especially in today’s head down, keep-things-to-yourself culture.

gator

Brand New Member
I don't mind this trade for the Browns, and I like Richardson as a solidly above average back through his prime. The Browns are bottoming out and acquiring assets. They're not going anywhere until they get some stability at QB and the OL. The trade either gives Lombardi an extra die to roll or ammo to move up. Runningbacks have short windows, and Richardson's already dealing with nagging lower body injuries. Maybe their medical staff is bearish on his longevity.

It helps the Colts, but I don't think they're ready to seriously compete for the conference yet. That defense is still a year away.

Top Bottom