Training Camp

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
i dont know if theres going to be a training camp, so far talk is, there will be a season. if anyone wants to throw in updated news, have at it.

Heres my discussion.

Which position battles are you interested in and who in your opinion, wins, than if you want to flesh out your roster, have at it as well.

the only ones im really concerned with are, DEs, because right now i dont know what kind of dfense is going to be installed, but getting to the QB is always good, tho i prefer interceptions more. anyone excited over the linebackers? Cbs? WRs? for the most part i feel they are locked in, but id like to hear others opinions or who has the updated info.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interested in the Center battle.

The cornerbacks should be spirited.

Who wins out at LG will be kind of a big deal. Same for DT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corner and Interior Oline intrigue me the most. Both spots we have a lot of good options but no slame dunk options. You loterally could argue for 4 or 5 different guys at both spots. Rookies, veterans and returning players.

RE is obviously very interesting if our two suspended guys jump in the mix.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not really a battle, but I am curious as to what happens in our defensive backfield. Who lands at S? Who ends up being the starting CBs, etc.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Center/LG/CB are the camp battles that will be of primary interest, along with whatever shakes out with Awuzie moving to safety or staying at CB. Nobody can tell you with certainty who will be starting at those three positions.

I feel like the battle will be between Woods/Awuzie if he does move to safety, it's hard for me to see Clinton-Dix not starting in some form or fashion.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Center/LG/CB are the camp battles that will be of primary interest, along with whatever shakes out with Awuzie moving to safety or staying at CB. Nobody can tell you with certainty who will be starting at those three positions.

I feel like the battle will be between Woods/Awuzie if he does move to safety, it's hard for me to see Clinton-Dix not starting in some form or fashion.

I feel good even if Looney is the center for this year. I think the battles will matter more this year since MM wont just play his favorites. Any upgrades to certain positions at this point is just icing on the cake. I think the team was good last year, i just dont feel Garrett utilized it correctly. IM hoping MM can.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think he’s getting his popcorn out waiting for the inevitable mindless spin and eventual release of Hill.
do you really think they'll dump him so soon? Especially at a position where there's so little depth.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
do you really think they'll dump him so soon? Especially at a position where there's so little depth.
He's a progress stopper for Gallimore unless he steps up. I think we have DL depth, but lack a starter at DE

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's a progress stopper for Gallimore unless he steps up. I think we have DL depth, but lack a starter at DE
He's not a progress stopper at all.

A progress stopper is a mediocre veteran who takes snaps away from a young up and comer who needs to play so he can get better.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's no progress stopper for anybody. A progress stopper is somebody that takes playing time from another player. Nothing about Hill and his lack of playing time or even being active on game day says 'progress stopper'.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

A progress stopper is a mediocre veteran who takes snaps away from a young up and comer who needs to play so he can get better.
Guess I should have read the rest of the thread before replying, you magnificent time stamping bastard.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Can’t blame a veteran for playing as long as they are allowed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
To clarify: nobody is blaming anybody. It's the front office and coaching staff's job to recognize the situation and move on.

Top Bottom