Training camp thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anyone missed the live telecast, the game will be replayed Thursday 4PM EST on NFL Network.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Starting to watch the replay sober this time and it is clear that we will end up being a left handed running team.
I got that feeling as well. There just wasn't much room to run on the right side.

In fact, some of the better runs of the night came from the RBs having to cut back left after running into a wall of nothing on the right side.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I got that feeling as well. There just wasn't much room to run on the right side.

In fact, some of the better runs of the night came from the RBs having to cut back left after running into a wall of nothing on the right side.
Which teams will learn very quickly and start over-loading that side of the line in running situations. We aren't going to be a very good running team this year. We all might as well get used to it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Starting to watch the replay sober this time and it is clear that we will end up being a left handed running team.
Well if Leary plays the left side then its very likely our three best offensive lineman are on that side of the line.

So I'd say so.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Which teams will learn very quickly and start over-loading that side of the line in running situations. We aren't going to be a very good running team this year. We all might as well get used to it.
I don't want to read too much into it because Free only played one series.... but that's what happens when your RT can't run block up to par even when he was a good player back in 2010, and your RG is garbage and can't run block OR pass block.

Srsly, I'd see if I could trick some team into giving me a decent guard for Costa. Pretend like he's caught in a numbers crunch now that Frederick is here. See if you can win a trade for once.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That load was spent in the Herschel trade.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like it's a stress fracture for Matt Johnson. :lol

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Berry-O II

D

Deuce

So this is what it would have felt like if Michael Jordan or Lebron tore their ACL's in consecutive seasons. Hate to see the great one's cut short by injuries.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So this is what it would have felt like if Michael Jordan or Lebron tore their ACL's in consecutive seasons. Hate to see the great one's cut short by injuries.
I could see that.

The way he viciously tackled that Dolphins' receiver 45 yards downfield brought back memories of watching a young Ronnie Lott roam the secondary.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Broaddus said "stress reaction"... dunno what that means. They are going to "rest" him.
I think that's what is wrong with him. He has been rested so much that he is softer than cotton candy.

D

Deuce

I could see that.

The way he viciously tackled that Dolphins' receiver 45 yards downfield brought back memories of watching a young Ronnie Lott roam the secondary.
If this were a stress fracture in his finger, I would guess he would have just cut it off in the locker room like Lott and played on. But you can't do anything about the legs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Broaddus said "stress reaction"... dunno what that means. They are going to "rest" him.
Of course.

We have to hold on until the last possible moment with him. I mean, how can we afford to give up so easily on a sure fire all pro?

Top Bottom