Training Camp Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Best read in hillbilly twang. Insert your own lip smacks.

--------------
Jerry Jones: Randy Gregory, DeMarcus Lawrence ‘like the clouds parting and the light coming through’ for defense

Jon Machota Email jmachota@dallasnews.com

Published: August 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Everyone from the Cowboys front office to the coaching staff and teammates have had nothing but positive things to say about Greg Hardy since he signed a one-yea deal in March.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones gushed some more Tuesday morning about the 2013 Pro Bowl defensive end.

“I just can’t say enough about him,” Jones told the G-Bag Nation show on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “He brings just exceptional, exceptional position flex. He can go inside or out. He gives you everything you want on your pass rush.

“One of the keys to pass rushing is to be quick and then about the time they try to adjust half-ass off balance, then you put that power to them and boy, you got him back at the quarterback. He is outstanding, and then he does that with a passion of some of the top passionate players we’ve ever had around here. Boy, he makes a difference.”

The Cowboys put an offseason emphasis on creating more pass rush. Adding Hardy was one significant move, drafting Randy Gregory in the second round was another.

In passing situations, the Cowboys now have the option to go with a lineup that includes three defensive ends with Hardy moving inside and Gregory and DeMarcus Lawrence rushing from the right and left ends.

What has Jones thought of having Gregory and Lawrence on the outside?

“Both of them are just absolutely essential,” Jones said. “More importantly, they’re just like the clouds parting and the light coming through in terms of what it means to our team and certainly our defense. Gregory is unique. And there’s no question that he’s getting some of the best coaching there is, Leon Lett and those guys, Rod Marinelli. It’s just wonderful.

“The same thing applies to Lawrence. Lawrence is a better player than we thought he was when we drafted him. He’s a better player than we thought he was during the year last year, even when he made that great play that he made in the playoffs. He’s a better player. He’s a force. And he’s got a natural position at left end because of his unique ability to go from speed to power.

“Boy, I’ll tell you what, you put those two guys there and then you basically complement it with Hardy and I just can’t tell you how good that sounds to my ears coming out of my mouth.”

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Oh no.
It has begun.

I hope you all enjoyed last season's run heavy attack, because that appears to have just been an anomaly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
“One of the keys to pass rushing is to be quick and then about the time they try to adjust half-ass off balance, then you put that power to them and boy, you got him back at the quarterback. He is outstanding, and then he does that with a passion of some of the top passionate players we’ve ever had around here. Boy, he makes a difference.”
:lol

Look at him trying so hard to sound like he knows football.

Shut up and go back to your cave, old man. The less talking you do, the better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It has begun.

I hope you all enjoyed last season's run heavy attack, because that appears to have just been an anomaly.
That is what I fear the most out of this season.

Had we re-signed Murray or done more than just think the OL is so kick ass yee haw awesome that just any old POS can run behind it, I would be pretty much a homer.

They had to get the RB situation right. Letting Murray go with finances considered is fine.

Front what I see, they didn't get it right.

But what they decided to do, with McFadden? Wow. Pair that with the other two stooges, it is too much.

It will be week three and Romo is throwing it 50 times a game. Behind a line that, despite what people think, is not exceptional at pass blocking.

Even the Great Wall wasn't. But the run game is what allowed the pass game to work.

D

Deuce

:lol

Look at him trying so hard to sound like he knows football.

Shut up and go back to your cave, old man. The less talking you do, the better.
This is actually one of the things I think he does know about. He was probably "half-ass off balance" more than a few times during his college career.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He was probably half-ass off balance during that interview.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member

Had we re-signed Murray or done more than just think the OL is so kick ass yee haw awesome that just any old POS can run behind it, I would be pretty much a homer.

They had to get the RB situation right. Letting Murray go with finances considered is fine.

But what they decided to do, with McFadden? Wow. Pair that with the other two stooges, it is too much.

It will be week three and Romo is throwing it 50 times a game. Behind a line that, despite what people think, is not exceptional at pass blocking.

Even the Great Wall wasn't. But the run game is what allowed the pass game to work.
you and I both know that if we did get a running back in the draft, you would be complaining that we still don't have sufficient pass rush or a OLB. It's just the lesser of evils for you to complain about. Nobody is happy with the RB situation but the way todays NFL goes, the RB is the most plug and play position. Front office probably liked that situation better than not adding players on defense.

And yes I hate Chaz Green already but cmon now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

It's fine, once this Randle/McFadden experiment fails we are going to draft Ezekiel Elliott in the 1st next year.

As an aside, I really feel like Jerry is becoming more and more of basically just a mascot at this point. His ramblings have gotten even more nonsensical than just a few years ago, and that's really saying something, and I've seen what amounts to basically joint interviews with him and Stephen where Stephen more or less tells him not to continue down a line of questioning.

They'll probably always throw him bones like the McFadden thing since it seems we were hellbent on going the cheap route at RB anyway, and I'm sure they won't hesitate to roll him out in a salesman role like during the Collins recruitment, but it really feels like Jerry's influence is decreasing with every passing day.

p1_

DCC 4Life

:tippytoe
Nice. Wonder if there's any update yet on that second opinion.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty funny that the guy has already made more plays then Farmer who we spent all that bonus money on.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
A few cheap shots from the Rams from the video I watched.

Top Bottom