Training Camp/OTA's Chatter Thread...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Bush is a pretty decent player. Techs defense went from terrible to horrific when he went down last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bush is a pretty decent player. Techs defense went from terrible to horrific when he went down last year.
Sounds like he's an undersized quick off the snap type, is that about accurate?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, Bush is fun to watch.

:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Scout’s Notebook: 11 Noticeable Things From Camp

Posted 2 hours ago

Bryan BroaddusFootball Analyst/Scout

OXNARD, Calif.
– With a walk-through practice and a regular practice going on each day, there are plenty of things to catch your eye.

Here are nearly a dozen things that have caught my attention here through the first week of practices.

• The depth at receivers is better than I thought it was coming into camp.

• With age, Jason Witten has improved as a point of attack blocker in the running game.

• DeMarco Murray physically looks in better shape than he has at any point of his Cowboys career.

• Barry Church has a better feel for how he needs to play in coverage. He was a clutch and grab guy but now he is playing with better angles and it’s helping with his positioning in routes.

• When it comes to pressure from the secondary on the blitz, Orlando Scandrick is going to get more opportunities to show how well he can do it.

• Rolando McClain is super aggressive chasing the run to the outside, so much so he tends to overrun the play. I guarantee that Matt Eberflus is correcting as we speak.

• Doug Free has been really good with his hands. When he is off with his technique, this is usually the area of problem.

• Ken Bishop is a powerful man at defensive tackle but I haven’t seen that explosive quickness that I had on tape at Northern Illinois. Know he can play this way.

• No safety has stood up and tried to take this job away from JJ Wilcox opposite Barry Church.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scout’s Notebook: 11 Noticeable Things From Camp

Posted 2 hours ago

Bryan BroaddusFootball Analyst/Scout

OXNARD, Calif.
– With a walk-through practice and a regular practice going on each day, there are plenty of things to catch your eye.

Here are nearly a dozen things that have caught my attention here through the first week of practices.

• The depth at receivers is better than I thought it was coming into camp.

• With age, Jason Witten has improved as a point of attack blocker in the running game.

• DeMarco Murray physically looks in better shape than he has at any point of his Cowboys career.

• Barry Church has a better feel for how he needs to play in coverage. He was a clutch and grab guy but now he is playing with better angles and it’s helping with his positioning in routes.

• When it comes to pressure from the secondary on the blitz, Orlando Scandrick is going to get more opportunities to show how well he can do it.

• Rolando McClain is super aggressive chasing the run to the outside, so much so he tends to overrun the play. I guarantee that Matt Eberflus is correcting as we speak.

• Doug Free has been really good with his hands. When he is off with his technique, this is usually the area of problem.

• Ken Bishop is a powerful man at defensive tackle but I haven’t seen that explosive quickness that I had on tape at Northern Illinois. Know he can play this way.

• No safety has stood up and tried to take this job away from JJ Wilcox opposite Barry Church.

So...per Broaddus, we are like pretty much awesome all over the roster.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:jerry

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Coaches showing Romo how to not check out of run plays?

Top Bottom