Thursday Night Game Thread - Week 11 | Steelers v. Browns | 11/14/2019

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maurkice Pouncey won’t get suspended, I reckon. Just a fine.
He shouldn't be suspended at all. He was just coming to the aid of his QB.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The thing that irritates me is people are saying Rudolph started it. I mean, Rudolph was rightfully mad because Garrett slammed him to the turf waaaaaay after the ball was gone with less than a minute left in a 2 score game.

Also people saying Pouncey went too far. Dude just watched his QB get slammed in the head with a helmet. All bets are off. That's exactly what you want from your center.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The thing that irritates me is people are saying Rudolph started it. I mean, Rudolph was rightfully mad because Garrett slammed him to the turf waaaaaay after the ball was gone with less than a minute left in a 2 score game.

Also people saying Pouncey went too far. Dude just watched his QB get slammed in the head with a helmet. All bets are off. That's exactly what you want from your center.
I think the NFL got it right.

Garrett got what he deserved. So did Pouncey.

I get that it is all romantic that he was coming to his QB's defense, but he went well above and beyond that by kicking Garrett when he was down.

I have no issue with the defense. But he went a lot further. Looked like he was in a street fight.

data

Forbes #1
I thought coming off the sideline onto the field of play is punishable as well. Haven’t seen anything regarding that, but there were definitely more than 22 players in the end zone where the brou-ha-ha occurred.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think the NFL got it right.

Garrett got what he deserved. So did Pouncey.

I get that it is all romantic that he was coming to his QB's defense, but he went well above and beyond that by kicking Garrett when he was down.

I have no issue with the defense. But he went a lot further. Looked like he was in a street fight.
I think the penalties all around were fair but Rudolph should of got at least a 1 game suspension for trying to rip Garretts helmet off first and kicking him in the nuts

data

Forbes #1
Reading the NFLs official response, Garrett could get suspended for some games next season, too. Specifically, He was suspended indefinitely, so NFL may tack on more

data

Forbes #1
I thought coming off the sideline onto the field of play is punishable as well. Haven’t seen anything regarding that, but there were definitely more than 22 players in the end zone where the brou-ha-ha occurred.
NFLs response said they will deal with this, too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom