Thursday Night Football Moving to CBS

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Time Warner carries it now. Dish Network does as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
According to an article on CBS Sports, aside from this year, they've had a regular season game on Saturday every year since 1970. It doesn't feel like it.

Maybe they've been crappy match ups and I've purposely skipped them.
I can recall plenty of Saturday night matchups in recent years, and I specifically remember the Cowboys playing on Saturday night in 2008 and 2011.....but I honestly can't remember any Saturday morning/afternoon games in recent memory.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can recall plenty of Saturday night matchups in recent years, and I specifically remember the Cowboys playing on Saturday night in 2008 and 2011.....but I honestly can't remember any Saturday morning/afternoon games in recent memory.
They used to have a afternoon early/late game 15-20 years ago or so I think. Always in that last part of the regular season, final two weeks after the college regular season had ran out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They used to have a afternoon early/late game 15-20 years ago or so I think. Always in that last part of the regular season, final two weeks after the college regular season had ran out.
Yup, they were more prevalent in the 90's.

It was great watching a game at 11 am on a Saturday. If I'm not mistaken, I think there were some afternoon Saturday games in the mid 2000's, but I could be wrong.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Makes sense once the college football season is over.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
More prime-time TV for Cowboys?
February, 6, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Could the NFL's new partnership with CBS on a Thursday prime-time package in 2014 affect the Dallas Cowboys?

The Cowboys are a ratings bonanza no matter if they play on the moon or in a parking lot (Jason Garrett humor, sorry) and no matter what day of the week in which they play. NBC loves to have the Cowboys on Sunday night. They had four games with Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth in the booth in 2013. ESPN’s "Monday Night Football" also loves the Cowboys. Dallas has made 75 appearances on "Monday Night Football."

I would be surprised if the Cowboys play a prime-time game on Thursday on CBS simply because of their Thanksgiving Day meeting. In 2007 the Cowboys played on back-to-back Thursdays with their Thanksgiving win against the New York Jets and a win over Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers.

Where I can see the Cowboys getting some extra play will be on Week 16 when NFL Network has a Saturday doubleheader. The Cowboys had appeared on NFL Network from 2006-11 on Saturday nights, going 4-2 in those contests.

dallen

Senior Tech
Archer is stealing jokes from robots now?

Top Bottom