This is Dak Prescott's team finally

p1_

DCC 4Life
I simply wish that the Romo story would end soon. It seems to linger and fester by the day, with Jerry making all of it so hard to endure.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I simply wish that the Romo story would end soon. It seems to linger and fester by the day, with Jerry making all of it so hard to endure.
It doesn't matter. He's out of the picture in Dallas.

Every day Romo can't attend OTAs increases pressure on contending teams like Houston who literally have no QB to trade for him. For Dallas it's worth waiting. Worst case scenario he's a June cut and they have money to extend a player like Martin.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It doesn't matter. He's out of the picture in Dallas.

Every day Romo can't attend OTAs increases pressure on contending teams like Houston who literally have no QB to trade for him. For Dallas it's worth waiting. Worst case scenario he's a June cut and they have money to extend a player like Martin.
Yep. He is on wait and see status.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I believe that I may have spoke a little too hastily on the matter.

I would like to retract my first comment in this thread.

Thank you.

Carp

DCC 4Life
why do you act like there were no obstacles for Dak? Like he was handed the keys to the car or some such? Considerable challenges were met and obliterated, ..... and yet, Garrett NEVER announced that it was Dak's team. All season long, it was "when will Romo return?" So no grinding, really, just a mountain to climb with no support from management.
I think it was pretty evident that Prescott was capable right from the start. Not only that, but he had gets publicly supporting him. It was never "when will Romo come back"...frankly it was more "I hope Romo does not come back". When in fact he did come back and did not supplant Prescott, well that was a pretty good indicator.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Romo story has.no effect on Prescott at all. We hosted McCown right away in FA...they were not trying to sign him to back up the back up.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What I want to see now is some consistency.

After 2007 the team (Romo included) got full of themselves and were inconsistent shit for most of 2008, eventually missing the playoffs in embarrassing fashion against the Eagles in the last game of the year. After 2009 Romo got hurt and missed the majority of the year, although the team again was full of themselves and were like 1-4 before Romo got hurt. We know what happened after 2014.

I think Prescott has the type of "steady hand" personality (and a more reliable body) that can guide this team to consistent performances year in, year out.
As important as Dak is, the real difference in those years and this year is that we have Elliott. Julius Jones, Barber, Felix Jones were all a part of the RB spot. They all had their qualities, but Elliott is the defining difference between the team comparisons...I think his production and threat will give us more opportunities to be successful.

townsend

Banned
As important as Dak is, the real difference in those years and this year is that we have Elliott. Julius Jones, Barber, Felix Jones were all a part of the RB spot. They all had their qualities, but Elliott is the defining difference between the team comparisons...I think his production and threat will give us more opportunities to be successful.
If we actually utilize him when it matters. This team still has pass happy in its DNA.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
As important as Dak is, the real difference in those years and this year is that we have Elliott. Julius Jones, Barber, Felix Jones were all a part of the RB spot. They all had their qualities, but Elliott is the defining difference between the team comparisons.
That teams OL was good at pass protection, but they were average run blockers. This OL is superior at both.

The 2007 team had a superior defense and more explosive passing game with TO healthy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree that the bedrock over the next few years will be Elliott/the OL, so hopefully that is what carries us. The Romo injuries were huge in 2010 and 2015 though obviously, and then of course he missed Week 17 in 2013 I believe when it was a "win and you're in" scenario.

Most of the time I just write off injuries as random and there isn't really anything you can do about them, but in Romo's case the injuries were way too frequent over the last 5-6 years to be considered random. Even when he was "healthy" he would still suffer relatively serious injuries like in 2014 against the Redskins and 2011 I believe with the punctured lung against the 49ers.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we actually utilize him when it matters. This team still has pass happy in its DNA.
Last year we had the lowest percentage of passes to runs...so while you may say we are pass happy, we run more than any team in the league. It is the way the game is played now.

townsend

Banned
Last year we had the lowest percentage of passes to runs...so while you may say we are pass happy, we run more than any team in the league. It is the way the game is played now.
I guess I should say we are pass happy in the clutch. Obviously we frequently ran the ball in the regular season, but the playoffs exposed the same old weakness, that we will wholly disregard the most productive player on our team once Garrett gets spooked.

p1_

DCC 4Life
we didn't lose so much because of our offensive approach as we didn't
stop Aaron Rogers when we needed to.

townsend

Banned
we didn't lose so much because of our offensive approach as we didn't
stop Aaron Rogers when we needed to.
Even still, we left points on the field too. More than once bad playcalling stalled drives.

Top Bottom