The Restructuring Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought that was exactly what we did when we restructured him last offseason.
What we did was guarantee the up coming season's salary. All we did was convert base salary into bonus money. Dallas didn't guarantee this up coming season's base salary as far as I'm aware.

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding and misconceptions on this board when it comes to how the cap works. And pushing money into the future doesn't necessarily create some sort of dooms day disaster. It's the equivalent of an interest free credit card that allows you to continually decide to pay it next month. As long as you never max the card out you are fine.

D

Deuce

Romo's salary is fully guaranteed through 2015. We pretty much literally can't cut him until the 2016 offseason.
That fine. Do his half pimp/half bitch thing again this year, draft Jamies next offseason and let him sit behind Romo for 1 season before taking over.

Jerry might go for that if Larry Lacewell whispers in his ear that Winston is the next Donovon McNabb.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo's salary is fully guaranteed through 2015. We pretty much literally can't cut him until the 2016 offseason.
The only thing Dallas should be concerned about is the not guaranteed money because that is what they can save.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since his base salary is guaranteed in 2015 they would save literally nothing by cutting him.
Not sure where you are seeing that his base salary in 2015 is guaranteed. That wasn't part of this restructure. All we did was convert his the majority of his 2014 base salary into signing bonus. If we guaranteed his 2015 salary his 2015 salary cap figure would be much lower then people are saying.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not sure where you are seeing that his base salary in 2015 is guaranteed. That wasn't part of this restructure. All we did was convert his the majority of his 2014 base salary into signing bonus. If we guaranteed his 2015 salary his 2015 salary cap figure would be much lower then people are saying.
You know what? I misread Rotoworld. His 2013 and 2014 salaries were fully guaranteed, not 2014 and 2015. We could cut him next year and save 17 million.

Top Bottom