The Pets Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You deserve every bit of this...

:disgusted

I mean, it's an opinion. :shrug

I've had both. I couldn't stand having a dog. I felt like my whole life revolved around him. It sucked.

A cat at least you can pretty much leave alone for the most part and they usually just do their own thing.

To be fair, I have 3 cats right now and all three get on my nerves pretty regularly. But a lot of that is that I think 3 is too many because cats often don't like each other. 1 or 2 cats is infinitely better.

Genghis Khan

Then what's the point of having a pet?

Because you can interact when you want and they can be pretty affectionate.

Fish are nice pets too but they aren't in your face all the time either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Because you can interact when you want and they can be pretty affectionate.

Fish are nice pets too but they aren't in your face all the time either.
I don't consider fish pets. Now stop. I don't want to do this in front of the kids.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't consider fish pets. Now stop. I don't want to do this in front of the kids.
What kind of fucked up person has fish as pets?

Any ferret, tarantula, parakeet, parrot, pigeon, hamster, rat, turtle, pig, cow, lamb, chicken, iguana, horse, guinea pig or even God Forbid snake people in here?

Genghis Khan

To be honest, having fish can be pretty zen. Sort of like being by the ocean can be. There's just something calming about it. (Full disclosure my kid wants the fish not me, but I can acknowledge there's a serenity to it.)

As an aside, one of my cats knocked over my fish tank one time several years back. That was fun to come home to.

Top Bottom