The Outrage Thread

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Would you rather have them allow Putin to do as he wishes?

There is a legit argument to be made for this. Clearly, he does not intend to stop at Ukraine. But it sure would be nice if we could get Europe (whose combined GDP is close to ours) to start footing an equal part of the bill.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

And let’s try to be genuine about things. In the 1980s we bankrolled the Afghanis the same way, you just did not hear about it.
1. How far are you willing to go to stop this supposed Putin rampage? Bankrupt this country? Lose our standing as prime reserve currency, which would be disastrous? How far?

2. The Soviet Union back then was far more powerful than Putin's Russian Oligarchy of today. They were the other Superpower. Today, Russia has an economy the size of Texas. They aren't taking over Europe even if they want to.

3. As Cujo said, why can't the Euros pay for this since they're the ones supposedly being marched upon? Why do we have to pay for everything?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Watch the videos. They are cheering on the group that just killed 1200 Jews. This doesn't feel like real life to me.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is it even that surprising at an Ivy League university though?

And is it really a "takeover" when their beliefs are already the prevailing thought there?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

And let’s try to be genuine about things. In the 1980s we bankrolled the Afghanis the same way, you just did not hear about it.
Well, there is an actual difference between the Soviet Union and Putin's Russia, sorry to say.

Degree is up in there but the Soviet Union was definitely worse for many, many reasons.

And sure we bankrolled the Afghanis.... for way, way less money.

I can see why people are upset about this at this point.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

There's a great movie about that called Charlie Wilson's War starring Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, and Phillip Seymour-Hoffman.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, there is an actual difference between the Soviet Union and Putin's Russia, sorry to say.

Degree is up in there but the Soviet Union was definitely worse for many, many reasons.

I can see why people are upset about this at this point.
We are still bankrolling Pakistan. Still doesn't make it right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This woman is despicable. She should be in jail for child abuse.

It just oozes of a parent trying to force their kid to do it. I completely agree, what a fucked up parent. As though you've helped your child accomplish a goal like winning a spelling bee, or getting straight A's. Actual goals that we create and help our kids achieve to make their lives better.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, is it me or does the kid look almost sorry and regretful? This is all about mom gaining social media clout. :mad

"I'm so fucking proud of you" :puke

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
When a parent tries too hard to be the kid's friend...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
She better get a handle on that emotional crying bullshit, or she's gonna get her little pretend balls kicked off into the dirt.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
She better get a handle on that emotional crying bullshit, or she's gonna get her little pretend balls kicked off into the dirt.
You've gotta give the T a few days to kick in.

She'll be smashing skulls soon.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Unreal that these pampered babies think walking out of their college classes would have any influence whatsoever on what Israel does militarily.

Just mind-numbing cluelessness and narcissism.

Cotton

Staff member

I am not trying to be ugly, but if one of these dummies gets shot over protesting the whole Palestine thing…Darwin’s Law.
My guess would be that 95% of those entitled little shits have zero clue of the history of Israel and Palestine.

Cotton

Staff member
Unreal that these pampered babies think walking out of their college classes would have any influence whatsoever on what Israel does militarily.

Just mind-numbing cluelessness and narcissism.
Damn it, you got me.

Top Bottom