The New American Center: Why our nation isn't as divided as we think

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't see it happening anytime in the near future. The Dems don't have the backbone to try it. The problem is that they also lack the backbone to work with Republicans to develop a solid plan. But, this is one which Republicans have openly supported before, so I question their honesty.
So what if they supported it before? It's a bad plan. Why would government endorsing only certain providers be a good thing for competition? It's corporatism.

And like I said when it doesn't work, some form of extra regulation will be the answer instead of less.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
So what if they supported it before? It's a bad plan. Why would government endorsing only certain providers be a good thing for competition? It's corporatism.
I never said it was a good plan. But it's intellectually dishonest to think that the Republicans are going to aggressively change it because of how much they actually support it. We know they'll posture and beat their drums to help muster up votes from blind supporters like VA, but they won't stop corporatism because it's become the backbone of the Republican Party. Just look at who those fools propped up as their presidential candidate in 2012.

And like I said when it doesn't work, some form of extra regulation will be the answer instead of less.
No doubt. But added regulation, while horrible and utterly deplorable, doesn't equate to the government taking over the system and turning into a single payer system. The government will likely do something far worse; regulate the system so aggressively and so heavily to where companies won't want to do business any longer. Remember schmitty, a bureaucracy doesn't exist to change a system. It exists to maintain and grow the existing mess and make it harder to operate in. And that's because bureaucrats aren't innovators. They lack the ability to develop something new, so they merely regulate what's already there. Over and over again; thus crippling the already poorly performing system. But they won't change it.

Top Bottom