The Johnny Manziel Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=2]Johnny Manziel Tweeted That He Can’t Wait to Leave Texas A&M[/h]All, College Football Tim Ryan June 16th. 2013, 10:20am

Johnny Football, when he’s not throwing out the first pitch, sitting courtside, partying with Rick Ross, or bro’ing it up somewhere, the burdened Texas A&M sophomore — who can’t go to class without inviting chaos — is saying he can’t wait to leave College Station. Why? Mostly due to “bullshit.”

Notice how he said “a reason” and not “the reason.” So it’s safe to assume there are a slew of things in College Station bothering Manziel? The plot thickens, the Texas A&M student body loses its collective mind, and the tweet of course gets taken down.

Johnny Drama replaced that tweet with this nugget, which eclipses the first one in its dramatics and invites just as much backlash:

Should be a lively season in College Station, especially if Manziel struggles out of the gate and the critics swarm the Heisman Trophy winner like security at Brentano’s.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This guy might be more trouble than he's worth.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He has been seen countless times with his gunzup and hook'em horns.

He seriously isn't a real aggie. The guy is an admitted horn fan.

Johnny-Manziel-guns-up.jpg

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Heisman-winning QB from a wealthy Texas oil family draped in beautiful young women?

I volunteer to walk a day in his shoes.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Heisman-winning QB from a wealthy Texas oil family draped in beautiful young women?

I volunteer to walk a day in his shoes.
Oh he's living the life, no doubt. It's just he's not very aggish.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Pretty sure he's in the Wolfpack.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Columnist: Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel 'the most spoiled brat in intercollegiate athletics'

By DAVID CLIMER

USA TODAY

Published: 21 June 2013 05:34 PM

Updated: 21 June 2013 05:38 PM

The season can't come soon enough for Johnny Manziel or those of us that are starting to suffer from Johnny Football fatigue.

Let me be the first to say that I love watching the guy play quarterback for Texas A&M. But let me also say I'm starting to consider him the most spoiled brat in intercollegiate athletics. He's becoming the Kardashian of college football.

Manziel's Twitter post over the weekend where he suggested an unspecified event "is a reason why I can't wait to leave college station whenever it may be" was bad, but the follow-up was worse.

"Don't ever forget that I love A&M with all my heart, but please please walk a day in my shoes," he posted.

There are a couple of things to ponder here. For one, Manziel deleted the first tweet but failed to note that when you have more than 367,000 followers on Twitter, a tweet is forever. You can strike it from your account but it remains in the public domain for those that saved it.

And then there is the second tweet. It's hard to muster a lot of sympathy for the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and the biggest man on any campus.

I'm sure there are some challenges here and there (Asked for autographs at the cafeteria? Posing for pictures at the nearest sorority house?), but I daresay a lot of people would embrace the opportunity to walk a day in Manziel's shoes.

Based on a couple of photos that went viral in the last few months, including a doozy from a Halloween party, it seems like a pretty sweet gig.

Manziel's not the first to realize the blessing/curse nature of Twitter. It's cool to tweet a picture from your seat at Game 2 of the NBA Finals but you must be prepared to deal with the backlash when you vent about all the invasions of your privacy. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

No wonder most big-time athletics departments have someone on staff whose job includes monitoring its athletes' every move on social media. Given all the outlets, it's a 24/7 job.

Maybe Manziel is just making up for lost time. While compiling much of the body of work that resulted in his winning the Heisman Trophy, he was off limits to the media. Coach Kevin Sumlin wouldn't let Manziel do interviews for the first two months of the season because he was a freshman (actually a redshirt freshman) and he might not say the right things.

Yes, we all know that first- and second-year college students are too sheltered and unworldly to be subjected to harsh questioning from the big, bad media. But I guess playing in front of 100,000-plus at Bryant-Denny Stadium is no problem.

Remember, this is the same guy that was so put off by the extra attention he was getting from other students in an English class in the spring that he opted to take the class on-line. One day, he's living like a rock star, the next he can't stand to be subjected to all the hubbub in College Station.

Yes, it must be tough to walk a mile -- or a day, as he said -- in Manziel's shoes.

Or is it? Compare his plight with some Regular Joe that is working nights and weekends so he can finish up classes at Texas A&M this semester. Or maybe Manziel would like to swap spots with John E. Grunt, a first-year member of the Corps of Cadets at A&M. While joining the corps carries no military obligation, many of its members enlist after graduation.

Manziel's biggest fear is getting drafted by the Oakland Raiders. Meanwhile, some of his fellow A&M students are bound for Kandahar.

Try walking a day in their boots, Johnny Football.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My BIL (who is an aggie) swears that horn tattoo is photoshopped.

He did want to go to UT but Mack didnt want him at QB. That makes the last two Heisman winners that Mack didnt want at QB. LOL

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
If Teblow could survive at Florida, you can make it at A&M, you little shit

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My BIL (who is an aggie) swears that horn tattoo is photoshopped.

He did want to go to UT but Mack didnt want him at QB. That makes the last two Heisman winners that Mack didnt want at QB. LOL

Aggies are the most delusional fan base ever. They can't possibly imagine that UT is better and that an aggriod would have rather wanted to be a whorn.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If Teblow could survive at Florida, you can make it at A&M, you little shit
Ayuh. Jason White & Sam Bradford also survived in Oklahoma after winning the Heisman in 2003 and 2008 respectively. Manziel should only be mad at himself.

He's the one who's constantly putting himself in awkward looking situations. He's the one always partying it up at high-profile events.

Want some privacy, dickhead? Cut back on the partying and the public appearances. Stop showing up to every big ticket event with blonde bimbos on your arm.

Top Bottom