Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

:picard
I say dont warn them. Lets weed this kind of genes out.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Perfect example.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

You ok, bud?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We're good. No power but generator doing its job. No house damage thus far and the city still has us under curfew til 6pm.
Glad to see you're all right.

How bad did it get?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=57]mcnuttz[/MENTION]

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
@mcnuttz

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?
It's calm and gone now, but for a few hours after lunch yesterday we had gusts around 70 and rain sheets.

Most of the county is without power, but we are good.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's calm and gone now, but for a few hours after lunch yesterday we had gusts around 70 and rain sheets.

Most of the county is without power, but we are good.
Good deal.

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. I was really surprised to read how strong the storm still was when it got to Georgia.

Took this from weather.com:

Georgia

• A 62-year-old Worth County man became the first Georgia casualty from Tropical Storm Irma Monday.

• A 55-year-old man was killed in the Atlanta suburb of Sandy Springs when a tree fell on his home.

• A woman died in Forsyth County Monday after a tree collapsed on top of her vehicle.

• More than 1.3 million Georgia residents were without power Tuesday morning, the Atlanta Journal-Courier reports.

• Flooding has closed coastal Glynn County “until further notice.”

• St. Simons Island is cut off from the mainland as is Tybee Island off Savannah.

• About 190 flights into and out of Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport were canceled Tuesday morning
Yikes.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It was pretty scary. I don't recall us catching winds like this with any other hurricane in the last 20 years. Even when there's a direct hit on GA, they usually roll up the coast to the Carolinas and we only see heavy rain.

The wind has caused major damage here, and there aren't many folks here who do have power.

midswat

... soon
Drizzling with a slight breeze up here in Huntersville NC, but I'm persevering in case anyone was worried.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Drizzling with a slight breeze up here in Huntersville NC, but I'm persevering in case anyone was worried.
CSB: My firm has offices around the state but not in the federal "western district" which would be Charlotte, Asheville, etc.

If we ever open an office in Charlotte (and we want to, but can't for some technical reasons that aren't worth explaining right now), I suspect I would be high on the list to get moved to that office, and Huntersville would be high on MY list, along with Davidson, of places to look for houses.

So we could be best buds.

midswat

... soon
CSB: My firm has offices around the state but not in the federal "western district" which would be Charlotte, Asheville, etc.

If we ever open an office in Charlotte (and we want to, but can't for some technical reasons that aren't worth explaining right now), I suspect I would be high on the list to get moved to that office, and Huntersville would be high on MY list, along with Davidson, of places to look for houses.

So we could be best buds.
It's possible. Booze lives 15 minutes down the interstate and he and I hang out all the time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's possible. Booze lives 15 minutes down the interstate and he and I hang out all the time.
Sorry bro. Moving in less than two weeks. Back in Unk's state. Won't be able to associate with you anymore since I will be living in Indian Land.

Top Bottom