The Gun Control Debate Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And, they should be held accountable for that.
Hey, just like how bad people are going to do bad things, government is gonna government. Nothing you can do about it, right?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hey, just like how bad people are going to do bad things, government is gonna government. Nothing you can do about it, right?
Now I think you are getting to the heart of it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

So true.

Cotton

Staff member
The two are in no way related, but the first part of your statement is dead on accurate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That doesn't solve anything, Booze, and you know this.
Solving is not the end goal. There is no "solution" other than a nuclear one, which of course, nobody will consider.

If there is even one impediment to making things more difficult, unless you stand to make a profit off of this, I can't see a rational reason to oppose it.

Align hand gun laws to those blanketing semi-automatics. I am not dumb enough to think there is a solution, but even something simple like this saves one life, isn't that worth it?

But we are beyond the point where I think complete inactivity can be condoned any longer.

Cotton

Staff member
Solving is not the end goal. There is no "solution" other than a nuclear one, which of course, nobody will consider.

If there is even one impediment to making things more difficult, unless you stand to make a profit off of this, I can't see a rational reason to oppose it.

Align hand gun laws to those blanketing semi-automatics. I am not dumb enough to think there is a solution, but even something simple like this saves one life, isn't that worth it?

But we are beyond the point where I think complete inactivity can be condoned any longer.
Then we will never agree on this subject. You are talking about taking the rights away from 100 million people because of a few nutjobs. And, yes, just by banning ARs, you are violating rights. Because, news flash, as soon as ARs are gone, these nutjobs will start using more high-end rifles to do the jobs, and then what, we go after those guns, too? Is there a bottom to that slippery slope?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Then we will never agree on this subject. You are talking about taking the rights away from 100 million people because of a few nutjobs. And, yes, just by banning ARs, you are violating rights. Because, news flash, as soon as ARs are gone, these nutjobs will start using more high-end rifles to do the jobs, and then what, we go after those guns, too? Is there a bottom to that slippery slope?
Slippery slope. Nothing can be done. Oh well.

Cotton

Staff member
Slippery slope. Nothing can be done. Oh well.
I'm not saying that and you know it. One thing that damn sure needs to be done is we need to invest much more into the identification and treatment of mental illness in this country. It has been ignored for far too long, and is partly to blame for all these shooting. That and the fact that parents today are failing their children on epic levels we have never seen before.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
This happens every fucking time.

You propose legislation to try to do SOMETHING to keep these fucking psychos from getting guns and the right loses it's fucking mind.

What the fuck is extensive background checks, a waiting period, and other sensible measures going to do to keep reasonable people from getting guns?

Oh, it may inconvenience some folks. OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! THE MOTHERFUCKING HORROR!!!

Meanwhile people are living the real horror of dead children and loved ones yet again in Florida because this fucking cunt of a country can't compromise on fucking ANYTHING anymore.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why is this the ONLY FUCKING COUNTRY where multiple mass shooting happen every year?

Something to think about.

Cotton

Staff member
This happens every fucking time.

You propose legislation to try to do SOMETHING to keep these fucking psychos from getting guns and the right loses it's fucking mind.

What the fuck is extensive background checks, a waiting period, and other sensible measures going to do to keep reasonable people from getting guns?

Oh, it may inconvenience some folks. OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! THE MOTHERFUCKING HORROR!!!

Meanwhile people are living the real horror of dead children and loved ones yet again in Florida because this fucking cunt of a country can't compromise on fucking ANYTHING anymore.
I have no problem with either of these.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why is it legal for some little fucking angry cunt to buy an AR-15 but not a bottle of booze?

Something to think about.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I have no problem with either of these.
That's cool. What else do we agree on then?

An age limit? Seems legit since we have it on other things, like alcohol.

Violent school history? Expulsion from school for violence, you are on a list where you have take a mental health exam before purchasing a gun, plus all other hoops to jump though?

SOMETHING has to be done.

Unfortunately NRA.

Cotton

Staff member
That's cool. What else do we agree on then?

An age limit? Seems legit since we have it on other things, like alcohol.

Violent school history? Expulsion from school for violence, you are on a list where you have take a mental health exam before purchasing a gun, plus all other hoops to jump though?

SOMETHING has to be done.

Unfortunately NRA.
There already is an age limit, but I think you could make a good point to back that age limit up.

I think we need to focus on mental health as a big part of fixing this shit. We are ignoring serious signs of issues simply because we god forbid we hurt these poor children's feelings.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Murder by illegals: zzzzzz
Murder by Islamists: zzzzzz
Murder by fellow Americans: DO SOMETHING!

Cotton

Staff member
Murder by illegals: zzzzzz
Murder by Islamists: zzzzzz
Murder by fellow Americans: DO SOMETHING!

Murders in Chicago: zzzzzzzzzz
Murders in Baltimore: zzzzzzzzzz
Murders in NOLA: zzzzzzzzzz
Murders by a "white" kid in a school: DO SOMETHING!

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Murders in Chicago: zzzzzzzzzz
Murders in Baltimore: zzzzzzzzzz
Murders in NOLA: zzzzzzzzzz
Murders by a "white" kid in a school: DO SOMETHING!
:lol

No shit. This isn't about saving lives. This is about moral posturing. And it goes without saying that Chicago and Bmore have draconian gun laws ... to little effect.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol This is why nothing gets done.

Who was even praising NK?

Top Bottom