The Escobust Era Is Over

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Here comes a 2nd rd TE. Maybe the kid from Ole Miss
Engram? Nah. He doesn't fit the physical type of TE we look for. We value blocking along with receiving, and I just don't think this guy fits the inline TE type we look for. He's a hell of a receiver, though.

If we take a TE in the early rounds, I'd think it would be somebody like Shaheen, Hodges, or Butt. I'd be ok with either of them in the 3rd. Would love them in the 4th.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Engram? Nah. He doesn't fit the physical type of TE we look for. We value blocking along with receiving, and I just don't think this guy fits the inline TE type we look for. He's a hell of a receiver, though.

If we take a TE in the early rounds, I'd think it would be somebody like Shaheen, Hodges, or Butt. I'd be ok with either of them in the 3rd. Would love them in the 4th.
I want nothing to do with Engram.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
LaFluer was purported to be Aikman's personal pick in the draft.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can only imagine them struggling to use what amounts to a big WR.
Joe Looney would be the blocking TE again in two TE sets.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
LaFluer was purported to be Aikman's personal pick in the draft.
That rumor still took on life in spite of Aikman's efforts to debunk it.

He couldn't help it if he was asked by the Cowboys to work out several receivers before the draft. It didn't mean though he was recommending anyone. Dallas was desperate for any kind of receiving help in a very WR-poor draft class.

BTW idiot Jerry traded 5th and 3rd round picks to move up three spots (with fucking Philly no less) for absolutely no reason to draft that gawky TE.

The only positive about that first round was they passed on Rae Carruth.

Top Bottom