The Dur thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's a flat screen TV thing and/or a laziness when audio mixing in production thing.

Dialogue is terribly hard to hear.
I feel like a lot of TV's have crappy speakers. You can get a bad ass OLED TV and the only knock on it will be the speakers. Probably because when you have a paper thin TV, it doesn't have the depth for great speakers. But that's what sound bars and other audio systems are for. My wife thinks our receiver in our movie room looks like old technology (It's not) but I love having a dedicated receiver, base and 5 speakers all wired in the walls and ceiling (Still want to add two tower speakers but just waiting a little longer). The audio quality is awesome.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like a lot of TV's have crappy speakers. You can get a bad ass OLED TV and the only knock on it will be the speakers. Probably because when you have a paper thin TV, it doesn't have the depth for great speakers. But that's what sound bars and other audio systems are for. My wife thinks our receiver in our movie room looks like old technology (It's not) but I love having a dedicated receiver, bass and 5 speakers all wired in the walls and ceiling. The audio quality is awesome.
I used to have a 5.1 setup with a receiver but I sold it, too much hassle with moves and kids, etc.

I have a soundbar now for one of my TVs and it's fine. I still think some movies are really poorly mixed. I was watching Top Gun Maverick on it, and I was having to fiddle through the settings trying to find the right balance that I could actually understand what they were saying in some of the dogfight scenes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to have a 5.1 setup with a receiver but I sold it, too much hassle with moves and kids, etc.

I have a soundbar now for one of my TVs and it's fine. I still think some movies are really poorly mixed. I was watching Top Gun Maverick on it, and I was having to fiddle through the settings trying to find the right balance that I could actually understand what they were saying in some of the dogfight scenes.
Yeah that's why I like the receiver. The center speaker puts out great audio for the speaking.

I have an OLED in the living room with no surround sound and yes it's hard to hear sometimes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He thanks you for the clicks and reposts to keep him relevant.
Half the time when someone gains notoriety, it is for doing something really stupid over and over again, so…

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom