The Dookie Stick

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't know how many people from outside the DCC know the term, but fate showed me its favor today and placed the infamous "dookie stick" on my YouTube recommendations for some unknown reason.

So of course, I had to share it here.

:lol

You're welcome.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
[MENTION=70]Simpleton[/MENTION] was too, I believe.
I was indeed, was all the way at the top in probably one of the last 5 or 6 rows of the stadium in that freezing rain and muck, but it was definitely worth it. I remember before the game they put some like team trainer or doctor or some such in their ROH equivalent, and I just remember thinking to myself how ridiculous it seemed. He tried hyping the crowd up calling it "Cowboys beating" weather or some idiocy, and then the shit Hasselbeck threw about 5 picks.

Those seats probably aren't even there anymore with how many seats they've taken out of FedEx.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't know how many people from outside the DCC know the term, but fate showed me its favor today and placed the infamous "dookie stick" on my YouTube recommendations for some unknown reason.

So of course, I had to share it here.

You're welcome.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Explain to me this dookie stick...asking for a friend.
The video starts with a long run by Hambrick where he shockingly puts a really nice move on the safety.

After the game, Hambrick is interviewed about the run and they ask him for his thoughts on the juke he put on the defender to which Hambrick responded with something like....

"I had to give him the dookie stick".

The term then became part of DCC lore.

:art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was indeed, was all the way at the top in probably one of the last 5 or 6 rows of the stadium in that freezing rain and muck, but it was definitely worth it. I remember before the game they put some like team trainer or doctor or some such in their ROH equivalent, and I just remember thinking to myself how ridiculous it seemed. He tried hyping the crowd up calling it "Cowboys beating" weather or some idiocy, and then the shit Hasselbeck threw about 5 picks.

Those seats probably aren't even there anymore with how many seats they've taken out of FedEx.
I didn't know they removed seats from that stadium.

Approximately how many would you say they've removed over the years? Or was it all in one fell swoop?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The video starts with a long run by Hambrick where he shockingly puts a really nice move on the safety.

After the game, Hambrick is interviewed about the run and they ask him for his thoughts on the juke he put on the defender to which Hambrick responded with something like....

"I had to give him the dookie stick".

The term then became part of DCC lore.

:art
:towel

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I didn't know they removed seats from that stadium.

Approximately how many would you say they've removed over the years? Or was it all in one fell swoop?
They've done it gradually over the years, it's been at least 10,000 and perhaps closer to 15,000. The stadium started at about 92,000 and last I heard it was down to around 82,000 but there has been talk that they removed more seats since then without publicizing the exact number.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Haha. Forgot how slow Hambrick looked. Guess he was tired.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:lol I had forgotten all about that but part of me tried to block that little era out of my memory bank.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They've done it gradually over the years, it's been at least 10,000 and perhaps closer to 15,000. The stadium started at about 92,000 and last I heard it was down to around 82,000 but there has been talk that they removed more seats since then without publicizing the exact number.
Was there a particular reason for the reduction?

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Was there a particular reason for the reduction?
They wanted to keep their sellout streak going. Many of the seats are just covered up like the Raiders did. Those NFG banners over each end zone? There are about 2,000 seats under each one.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Simp, you in DC/Virginia/Maryland area?

Top Bottom