The Coronavirus Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is actually really good news if true.

Cotton

Staff member
Seems a bit weaker, no?
Yes, and that’s why we need it to be dominate. It will greatly lessen the other variants and take away all excuses these fearmongers have been using to continue this Draconian bullshit. And it very well may end this shit for good. If it dominates the other variants they go away leaving only a weak ass virus that doesn’t do shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, but Austria and Germany are on the verge of fining people monthly who don't get the shot, and of course New York just imposed new mask mandates for indoors.

So they don't care if it's less dangerous. That literally makes no difference to them.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, but Austria and Germany are on the verge of fining people monthly who don't get the shot, and of course New York just imposed new mask mandates for indoors.

So they don't care if it's less dangerous. That literally makes no difference to them.
It's never been about public health. This has always been about public control. They wanted to see what they could get away with and they got away with way more than they fucking should have.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Omicron is not just milder, it's much milder. Many reports say symptoms = 48 hours of feeling "hung over". These the symptoms for vaxxed and for unvaxxed. (Many will be symptom free).

And it's way, way, way more transmissible, no matter if one's already had Covid or has been vaccinated.

Within a couple of months this will translate to most everyone getting mildly sick and getting immunity...and Covid will recede to something akin to the common cold. (Which is what biologists predicted all along).

For another month or two Delta variant will still be around, but its days are numbered.

That said BigPharma and BigGov will try to think of someway to perpetuate this nonsense, continue selling their subscription vax service, and use disease for leverage, confiscation and oppression.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Omicron is not just milder, it's much milder. Many reports say symptoms = 48 hours of feeling "hung over". These the symptoms for vaxxed and for unvaxxed. (Many will be symptom free).

And it's way, way, way more transmissible, no matter if one's already had Covid or has been vaccinated.

Within a couple of months this will translate to most everyone getting mildly sick and getting immunity...and Covid will recede to something akin to the common cold. (Which is what biologists predicted all along).

For another month or two Delta variant will still be around, but its days are numbered.

That said BigPharma and BigGov will try to think of someway to perpetuate this nonsense, continue selling their subscription vax service, and use disease for leverage, confiscation and oppression.
Yep, right at this moment we should all be rooting for Omicron.

ZeroClub

UFA
Omicron is already the dominant variant in South Africa. Omicron is sweeping through Europe. This week, omicron is expected to become dominant in Denmark and Scotland. Seems just a matter of time before omicron is dominant in the U.S. (which could be a good thing, overall).

The NFL is small potatoes in the context of a world pandemic, so it is poor form for me to mention this, but ....

Just thinking of the NFL -- It isn't difficult to imagine omicron totally screwing up the closing months of this season. Being much more transmissible and given its enhanced capacity to infect unvaccinated and vaccinated people, including previously infected persons, it seems likely that many more players and coaches will begin testing positive across the league before this season is over. Maybe during the playoffs.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Just thinking of the NFL -- It isn't difficult to imagine omicron totally screwing up the closing months of this season. Being much more transmissible and given its enhanced capacity to infect unvaccinated and vaccinated people, including previously infected persons, it seems likely that many more players and coaches will begin testing positive across the league before this season is over. Maybe during the playoffs.
I've been thinking about this as well.

I suspect if the league doesn't adjust it's policies...we might see mega-compromised rosters or even cancelled games.

If they revise the rules to treat players/coaches based only on symptoms...the season will be safer.

Rules, pharma, masks, and social distancing is not going to stop the massive spread of this.

Cotton

Staff member
I've been thinking about this as well.

I suspect if the league doesn't adjust it's policies...we might see mega-compromised rosters or even cancelled games.

If they revise the rules to treat players/coaches based only on symptoms...the season will be safer.

Rules, pharma, masks, and social distancing is not going to stop the massive spread of this.
Stop. fucking. testing.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Stop. fucking. testing.
Once it's 98% Omicron, I agree.

And I might agree w/you even w/Delta cases floating around. There seem to be virtually no deaths to athletes and few cases even requiring hospitalization.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Once it's 98% Omicron, I agree.

And I might agree w/you even w/Delta cases floating around. There seem to be virtually no deaths to athletes and few cases even requiring hospitalization.
Guys like Philbin and McCarthy are walking comorbidities and they are fine. So these athletes really aren't at risk.

But then we knew that from the start and it didn't matter.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Our predictions are already proving prescient.

Worst week ever for total number of cases. Browns have 8 players out already.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t know why the media people are fixated on the Covid virus. Even the pregame hype Is about the NFL Covid protocol and what it’s doing to the game. In actuality it’s not doing anything to the game rather the reactions of the League rules are creating problems to the game, I haven’t heard of anyone on all the teams of dying from it and chances are the players may not even know they are infected if they weren’t tested. Everyone is more interested in the virus than the game. It’s all backwards.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Anyone think they’d hold Brady or MaHomes out of the Super Bowl if they tested positive a few days before the game?

Top Bottom