The Coronavirus Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Masking was never a widespread thing before. Even with the SARS outbreak.

That has absolutely affected the transmission of the flu.
Ok then why has the flu disappeared in Florida and Texas where masking is probably 30% at best?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This. It’s not going away, so just get comfortable.
Yeah just expect everyone to be exposed eventually. If you have the shot great, your odds against the exposure may be better. If you don't have the shot your odds are still pretty damn good. Stay as healthy as you can and try to keep the exposures away from the really high risk. That's about all you can do.

Eventually it will die down just like the Spanish flu did.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I've been in SW Colorado (which feels like California) and was surprised when a restaurant the other day didn't require masks. New Mexico seems to be about 95% masked up, though. Night and day difference from Texas or Oklahoma.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've been in SW Colorado (which feels like California) and was surprised when a restaurant the other day didn't require masks. New Mexico seems to be about 95% masked up, though. Night and day difference from Texas or Oklahoma.
I was in Colorado Springs a few weeks. Pretty much nobody was wearing masks which I did not expect. I walked in a local eatery when we first arrived with a mask in my hand, the hostess looked at me like I was a weirdo for having it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I haven't worn a mask since the very last day we had to wear them at work.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I was in Colorado Springs a few weeks. Pretty much nobody was wearing masks which I did not expect. I walked in a local eatery when we first arrived with a mask in my hand, the hostess looked at me like I was a weirdo for having it.
Colorado Springs is a conservative part of Colorado I’ve heard, compared to Denver which is California lite.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This is so fucking insane, you take a vax so you don't have to worry about the unvaxxed. And all for something that you have over a 99% chance of surviving

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is so fucking insane, you take a vax so you don't have to worry about the unvaxxed. And all for something that you have over a 99% chance of surviving
Yes because you will die if you don't get vaxxed. Well except you likely won't. Actually more likely that you die in a car crash. But anyhow, crazy will crazy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
She seems pleasant.

I'd think things like this were fake, but on another board I've seen a guy who I know isn't a troll go on a rant where he hoped everyone who didn't get vaccinated died a horrible death, etc. People have absolutely lost their minds over this thing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Colorado Springs is a conservative part of Colorado I’ve heard, compared to Denver which is California lite.
Yep, that's where the Air Force Academy is.

You still feeling okay with your case?

Top Bottom