The Coronavirus Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well we knew that it, like pretty much every other respiratory pathogen, doesn't like heat and sunlight.

Plus I've read where some respected doctors and scientists think it may be burning out and/or turning less virulent. A doc in Italy said there's no doubt that the strain they're seeing now is much different and less deadly than what they had a couple of months ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we knew that it, like pretty much every other respiratory pathogen, doesn't like heat and sunlight.

Plus I've read where some respected doctors and scientists think it may be burning out and/or turning less virulent. A doc in Italy said there's no doubt that the strain they're seeing now is much different and less deadly than what they had a couple of months ago.
Yeah I think it's a lot of this. My guess is hot sunny days outside in a chemical filled pool probably aren't real dangerous. I think this thing is starting to burn out and we may see round two when falls hit with colder temps.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I wore a mask for the first time today. Well, I didn't really wear it per se. I held it up to my mouth and nose. We have started taking temps of employees that come into work, and had to go up to the office to do a few things and had to put the mask up to my face while my temp was taken and then put it back in my pocket.

We've been wearing masks and taking temps for 2 months.

data

Forbes #1
I wore a mask for the first time today. Well, I didn't really wear it per se. I held it up to my mouth and nose. We have started taking temps of employees that come into work, and had to go up to the office to do a few things and had to put the mask up to my face while my temp was taken and then put it back in my pocket.
What’s your office’s CCW policy?

data

Forbes #1
Yeah I think it's a lot of this. My guess is hot sunny days outside in a chemical filled pool probably aren't real dangerous. I think this thing is starting to burn out and we may see round two when falls hit with colder temps.
As an aside, that ‘pool smell’ you remember is not chlorine, but chlorine mixing with piss.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What’s your office’s CCW policy?
I can conceal carry everywhere on campus minus a couple of exceptions. And, I do... every day I go to work.

Cotton

Staff member
What do they have you back in the office doing anyway? Welfare check on employees or something?
Yesterday, I just went in to start all of our rental and transit vehicles to keep the batteries up on them.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I can conceal carry everywhere on campus minus a couple of exceptions. And, I do... every day I go to work.
when I was there (Clements) I didn't have to conceal, I openly displayed my shotgun on my gun rack and in my dorm room as did many others.

There were never any school shootings, what's changed?

Cotton

Staff member
when I was there (Clements) I didn't have to conceal, I openly displayed my shotgun on my gun rack and in my dorm room as did many others.

There were never any school shootings, what's changed?
You answered your own question in your post.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
You answered your own question in your post.
ok Riddler, are you saying because many of us had guns, this kept someone from attempting a mass shooting?

If so, I dont agree

I think these mass shootings are more the result of worldwide media & the proliferation of social media. I'm not blaming the media, I'm just saying the desire to go out in a "blaze of glory" and be known worldwide because of the medias instant global reach is a motivator which then spawns copycats and one-uppers. Obviously serious mental issues are likely a common cause as well

Cotton

Staff member
ok Riddler, are you saying because many of us had guns, this kept someone from attempting a mass shooting?

If so, I dont agree

I think these mass shootings are more the result of worldwide media & the proliferation of social media. I'm not blaming the media, I'm just saying the desire to go out in a "blaze of glory" and be known worldwide because of the medias instant global reach is a motivator which then spawns copycats and one-uppers. Obviously serious mental issues are likely a common cause as well
I'm not saying that the prevalence of guns suppressed school shootings, but it is one factor to it, IMO. Obviously, this generation of self-entitled little shits is part of it, too, but we (Gen X'ers) have only ourselves to blame. We raised them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

If so, I dont agree

Maybe the shooter knowing that their plan to go out in a blaze of glory could be short lived if they know some folks are armed and would be in their face th e instant they started something. Maybe?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I'm not saying that the prevalence of guns suppressed school shootings, but it is one factor to it, IMO. Obviously, this generation of self-entitled little shits is part of it, too, but we (Gen X'ers) have only ourselves to blame. We raised them.
Kudos to you, I couldn't bring myself to raising kids plus I'm a selfish, work-a-holic with loner tendancies and probably would have produced a shooter, so perhaps I did the world a favor

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Maybe the shooter knowing that their plan to go out in a blaze of glory could be short lived if they know some folks are armed and would be in their face th e instant they started something. Maybe?
sure, it hopefully helps deter them, I was speaking to the motivation

i.e. why did mass shooters become a thing?

Cotton

Staff member
Kudos to you, I couldn't bring myself to raising kids plus I'm a selfish, work-a-holic with loner tendancies and probably would have produced a shooter, so perhaps I did the world a favor
To be fair, I have raised my kids to never trust or rely on the government and to think critically about the current news and events, and not to just trust what they see on TV or social media. I tell my son all the time to do his research and not to make snap judgments about things until that research has been done.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom