The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

He's been "working out" for like 6 years now.

This is a guy who shot down invites to the CFL and to NFL training camps, but yet we're supposed to believe he's been conducting professional-level workouts to prepare him for this theoretical opportunity all this time?

What a total crock of shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's been "working out" for like 6 years now.

This is a guy who shot down invites to the CFL and to NFL training camps, but yet we're supposed to believe he's been conducting professional-level workouts to prepare him for this theoretical opportunity all this time?

What a total crock of shit.
That last time when the NFL set up that workout for him and he shunned them but had his own workout down the street or whatever, the little we could see, he looked terrible. Fat and slow and not even close to NFL condition. Showed how serious he took playing again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So a rapper releases the letter?

I'm sure that wasn't done to draw attention whatsoever.

If this desire was genuine, it would have come from a legitimate NFL agent and it wouldn't have been shared on social media for all to see.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So a rapper releases the letter?

I'm sure that wasn't done to draw attention whatsoever.

If this desire was genuine, it would have come from a legitimate NFL agent and it wouldn't have been shared on social media for all to see.
It's a weak ass attempt to keep his name in the news cycle. Nothing more.

I'm at the point where I kinda wish somebody would announce they are bringing him in to compete for the starters job. Put it right out there. I think the actual chance of him succeeding if he was given a chance is slim and none, so he either shows up to compete and completely fails in front of everyone, or he turns it down and reveals he's nothing but an attention whoring fraud.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I'm at the point where I kinda wish somebody would announce they are bringing him in to compete for the starters job. Put it right out there. I think the actual chance of him succeeding if he was given a chance is slim and none, so he either shows up to compete and completely fails in front of everyone, or he turns it down and reveals he's nothing but an attention whoring fraud.
Agreed 100%.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

The NFL set up a workout for him with NFL scouts a few years back but he bailed on the workout at the last minute. That's when I officially said he's not interested in playing anymore and is just seeking publicity for his causes.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The worst thing the NFL ever did was blackball him because it helped to create this narrative that this NFL star who should be playing had his career taken from him because he protested social injustices, as opposed to what really happened.....

Yes, he was blackballed. But as I've said many times before, he was an easy target to make an example out of because he was a backup QB who was sitting on the bench and was a non-consequential player at that point.

If Lamar Jackson did today, does anyone here believe the NFL does the same with him? No chance.

If Kaepernick was putting up Peyton Manning numbers and was an All-Pro starter at that time, does anyone think he meets the same fate? No damn way.

Again, they made an example of him because he was a nobody at that point. Just another in a long line of athlete QBs who got figured out and got relegated to a backup role. But the bastard realized that he could draw attention to himself and use it to draw support for his own personal benefit and create some financial opportunities after he saw how many celebrities were coming out in support of him.

I'm guessing if the NFL could do it all again, they just let him rot away on the bench and just ride out that year or two of protesting around the league.

Top Bottom