The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's so disrepectful. Just honor and mourn the poor guy who lost his life. Fuck that I'd be pissed if I was the family.
They should have known Rev Al would do something disrespectful. Their own fault for inviting him to speak

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Then tell Kaepernick to come out and make a public statement for himself.

That guy does nothing but eat up the ambiguity for his own publicity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They set up a tryout for him, and he had to fuck around and try to get max publicity without actually doing anything football related.

He can go fuck himself.
That was like a sham try out. And stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They set up a tryout for him, and he had to fuck around and try to get max publicity without actually doing anything football related.

He can go fuck himself.
Dude doesn't want to be back in the NFL. He lives off filling this victim role. The NFL is just like a plantation owner or something anyway.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He fucking started shit back up about the fucking Betsy Ross flag on a pair of sneakers ffs. I question anyones intelligence that takes his commie bitch ass seriously

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

He can go fuck himself.
And he looked like crap in the workout he set up down the street. Some of his gym workout vids looked like a middle aged guy using the pulley machine at 24 Hour Fitness.

No, his industry now is victimhood.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What will it take for the NFL to “repair” Colin Kaepernick?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 10, 2020, 12:14 PM EDT

During George Floyd’s funeral in Houston on Tuesday, Rev. Al Sharpton called for quarterback Colin Kaepernick to be “repaired.” So what will it take for the NFL to “repair” him?

He received a settlement for nearly two years of coordinated shunning. But the resolution of Kaepernick’s collusion lawsuit didn’t buy out his ongoing employment rights. Thus, given that he has continued to receive no consideration from any team in the 16 months since his collusion claim ended, fresh harm has happened.

So here we are, more than three years removed from the last time Kaepernick played. As argued on Monday, all teams should put his name on the list of available free-agent quarterbacks, with no hesitation to bring him in for a workout or to offer him a job if his presence will help the team win. But the “repair” process may include giving him a little more leeway than other players would get, given that he’s been out of the sport for so long.

If, for example, a team signs him to a contract and determines based on a few week of practice and maybe a preseason game or two that he’s not ready, maybe a decision should be made to give him more time to try to get back to where he was when he played. While under normal circumstances that wouldn’t happen, a genuine effort to “repair” Colin Kaepernick may necessitate some of the flexibility and deference that, for example, the Eagles extended to Michael Vick after he missed two full seasons following a guilty plea for dogfighting.
Unlike Vick, Kaepernick’s three-season absence happened through no fault of his own. Kaepernick has been and continues to be unfairly prevented from continuing his career, with the league and its teams spending far more time spreading false narratives to reporters than trying to find a way to give him a fair chance. If a different standard must be applied to Kaepernick as he works his way back into form, so be it. Does anyone think his teammates would object to that?

Then there’s the challenge of finding a team that needs his services. As mentioned during PFT Live, the team that plays in George Floyd’s hometown has a clear-cut, short-list franchise starting quarterback in Deshaun Watson. His backup is A.J. McCarron.

One of the devices used to justify avoiding Kaepernick as a backup option in the past focused on whether his playing style meshes with the playing style of the starter. Well, the current backup in Houston is A.J. McCarron. Who fits Watson’s style better, McCarron or Kaepernick?
It would be interesting to know whether that thought entered the mind of Texans owner Cal McNair or coach/G.M. Bill O’Brien as they attended Floyd’s funeral and absorbed Sharpton’s message.

Other teams should consider that same question when engaging in a fair evaluation as to whether Kaepernick should receive an opportunity to try out and, potentially, to compete.

Kaepernick will have to be willing to take whatever he can get as this “repair” process unfolds. Although he’s definitely motivated to play, it’s still not clear whether he’d accept an offer in the amount of the minimum salary. Then again, since no NFL team has offered him even a minimum contract, no one knows what he’d say.

Whatever the case, the next steps will be very interesting — and revealing. Is the NFL truly serious about beginning the “repair” process, or is the NFL simply keeping its head low and its mouth shut in the hopes that the subject will be changed and the pressure will be reduced to make things right with Kaepernick?

Based on last night’s AP column raising the question of whether Kaepernick is better off not playing, an item written without any effort being made to find out whether Kaepernick does or doesn’t want to play, it seems like the current approach may be to do nothing and to hope that, in time, the NFL can go back to ignoring Kaepernick.
----

What the fuck does this even mean?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I saw Malcolm Jenkins interview. He wanted either an apology or Kaepernick assigned to a team. Here are my thoughts.

A. Kaep being assigned to a team
* GTFOH

B. An apology
* For what? I seriously need an answer to this. Why the hell does anyone need to apologize to this fool? For him sucking at football? Apologize to him for no teams wanting his terrible ass on their team? I'm confused as to what this apology is suppose to be about.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Criticism of him was based on two things: 1) Disrespecting the flag/anthem and 2) Making a political statement at work instead of on his own time. His selfish actions totally overshadowed his good cause (preventing police brutality). Not very smart on his part.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Doug Williams explaining why the Redskins didn't sign CK:

"I think what happened here, we're in a heavily, heavily military area," said Williams, the team's senior VP of player development. "And I think the guy that sits on Pennsylvania Avenue -- 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue -- made such a big stink of it, the fans in this area ... (it) might've been a tough situation for both the team and (Kaepernick) ... You don't want to bring people into a situation where nobody is going to be happy. I think that's probably what happened, why he didn't come up during that time."

Blame Trump. How original. Works for everything else.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
ESPN was paying Jamele Hill 2.5 million per year? :doh

Top Bottom