The Beer Thread

hstour

Brand New Member
Lot's of Stone suggestions on here. Guess I should break down and try something other than Arrogant Bastard. Tried it because of the BeerAdvocate rating. Just wasn't impressed. Maybe it's just my palate.

I've seen the wheat beer debate on this thread also. I just can't drink them. One or tow sips and my allergies kick up and my sinus' refuse the passage of air. :shrug

Now here is one that I haven't seen mentioned that I LOVE.

rogue-dead-guy-ale_glass_web.jpg

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trying this IPA called Flying Dog/Double Dog. Pretty smooth for an IPA. Not as much of the pine cone action.

Playmaker

Brand New Member
Trying this IPA called Flying Dog/Double Dog. Pretty smooth for an IPA. Not as much of the pine cone action.
Raging Bitch and Snakedog are 2 other IPA's from Flying dog, Doth good but not as strong as Double Dog. Double Dog packs a punch with 12% alcohol i think, and it costs almost $20 a 6-pack. Raging Bitch is around 9% and goes for $12 for a six. The Gonzo Imperial Porter is another good one from them.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Ranger Creek OPA

Try it if you can get it, the Ranger Creek guys are amazing.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Ranger Creek OPA

Try it if you can get it, the Ranger Creek guys are amazing.
I haven't tried anything from them yet. I'm a hop whore so I usually try a breweries' IPA first but looks like they don't make one. I'll give that Oatmeal Pale Ale a shot.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I haven't tried anything from them yet. I'm a hop whore so I usually try a breweries' IPA first but looks like they don't make one. I'll give that Oatmeal Pale Ale a shot.
It is basically an IPA with the Oatmeal added for a different flavor note. It's as hoppy as the average IPA.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Is it just me or do contributors to the Beer Advocate website all try to write their reviews as if they're writing fine literature.

Here's a sampling from some random beer reviews.

The pecans are used just like grain and provide a nutty characteristic and a delightful depth to the flavor profile.

Underpinnings of floral hops and yeast esters add intrigue.

The light tickle of carbonation paves the way for a quick sip of smoothness that levels out to a thin-feeling body that's balances on the finish but the sweet honey nose keeps signaling the brain to expect some sweetness.

Earthy grass and bready aromas with light herbal notes in the background that dance on the palate.

Hops are hidden behind sweetness and only reveal themselves in the aftertaste which turns a sweet fore and true taste into a pleasantly balanced after taste that is clean and crisp.

The palate receives a mildy sweet tostiness backed with a dollop of caramel and finished with a splotch of nuttiness.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Is it just me or do contributors to the Beer Advocate website all try to write their reviews as if they're writing fine literature.

The pecans are used just like grain and provide a nutty characteristic and a delightful depth to the flavor profile.

The light tickle of carbonation paves the way for a quick sip of smoothness that levels out to a thin-feeling body that's balances on the finish but the sweet honey nose keeps signaling the brain to expect some sweetness.

Earthy grass and bready aromas with light herbal notes in the background that dance on the palate.

Hops are hidden behind sweetness and only reveal themselves in the aftertaste which turns a sweet fore and true taste into a pleasantly balanced after taste that is clean and crisp.

The palate receives a mildy sweet tostiness backed with a dollop of caramel and finished with a splotch of nuttiness.
A certain percentage of the craft beer community is really pretentious. Most of the people who submit reviews on beeradvocate are doubly pretentious. And talking out of their asses.

hstour

Brand New Member
They are trying to compete with the wine snobs....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A certain percentage of the craft beer community is really pretentious. Most of the people who submit reviews on beeradvocate are doubly pretentious. And talking out of their asses.
No shit. It's fucking beer.

Uhh...err...caramel flavor with a tinge of woody aftertaste....

IT'S BEER.

junk

Not So New Member
Anyone ever had anything from Epic Brewing? I think it is a Utah brewery, but have a Denver brewery too?

Anyway, their Brainless IPA and Hopulent IPA are outstanding. Hopulent is a little better I think.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:lol

As I called upon my steed in preparation of voyage, I anxiously awaited said steed's arrival by indulging myself in the sweet taste of apricot and spices not often found within these noble confines. However, the inclusion of the Chesterfield hops added a touch of bitterness that I found to be somewhat foul. It is a melancholy truth that not all ingredients are intended to be intertwined, and the DCC Ayuh Ale serves as an example of this reality - thus leaving me in a state of alcoholic purgatory - neither satisfied nor displeased.

1bigfan13

Staff member

As I called upon my steed in preparation of voyage, I anxiously awaited said steed's arrival by indulging myself in the sweet taste of apricot and spices not often found within these noble confines. However, the inclusion of the Chesterfield hops added a touch of bitterness that I found to be somewhat foul. It is a melancholy truth that not all ingredients are intended to be intertwined, and the DCC Ayuh Ale serves as an example of this reality - thus leaving me in a state of alcoholic purgatory - neither satisfied nor displeased.
You had me for a second there. Those first two sentences had me wondering, who is this idiot?

I called upon my steed? GTFOH.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I broke in a new beer today.

Fire Rock Pale Ale from the Kona Brewing Co. out of Hawaii.

Medium-bodied ale that's very easy to drink. I could probably kill 3 or 4 of these in one sitting.

I'll definitely be drinking more of these in the future.

junk

Not So New Member
I love Kona Fire Rock. Can't get it around here yet so I always have to find it when I travel

Had a beer from Wisconsin the other day, O'so Brewery, had a whole hop cone in the bottle. It said that on the label, but I thought it was a joke. Nope, whole cone in the bottom

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I've tried a few Kona beers and they've always been decent.

Would they be considered an import?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Had me some bud light the other day. They're pretty good.

I could probably kill 15-20 of these in one sitting.

I'll definitely be drinking more of these in the future.

Top Bottom