The Beer Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's silly to say, "where was the outrage about this thing you never heard about?"
So where is the outrage against Jack Daniels?

Stupid to pour out liquor you've already paid for.

I'm not aware of whatever Jack Daniels has done, but you're not hurting them by destroying something that they've already profited from.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stupid to pour out liquor you've already paid for.

I'm not aware of whatever Jack Daniels has done, but you're not hurting them by destroying something that they've already profited from.
Especially on an ad campaign that is supposedly a couple years ago. Feels a bit like attention whoring.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Especially on an ad campaign that is supposedly a couple years ago. Feels a bit like attention whoring.
Stupid attention whoring though.

If you really wanted attention, drink the liquor and really do some stupid shit. That will show them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Or just quit drinking. I've done that. i think its been over a year since my last alcoholic drink. A lot of that is due to medical issues in my family but I have found that alcohol is not really something I need to function or just to have a good time.
Good for you.

I'd like to get there some day, but I'm not there yet.

I just love drinking beer too much at this stage of my early 40s. There a few things I enjoy more than catching a nice breeze on a beautiful day outside and downing some tasty brews.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I may grab a 6 pack once or twice a year at most.

I mostly stick with Sam Adams, Fat Tire, and experiment with craft beers.

If I'm feeling nostalgic I'll grab some MGD. That was my go to when I first started drinking.
Yeah, of the mainstream beers, Sam Adams is definitely my favorite.

I think pound for pound, they make the best brews of all the mainstream brands and their stuff still tastes quality.

I like the regular Sam Adams but I really love the Summer Ale.

Great beer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't even know what Jack Daniel's did. But, I agree with Nuttzy. Stupid to throw out stuff you already bought.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think they teamed up with RuPaul or regularly sponsor drag shows or something.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't even know what Jack Daniel's did. But, I agree with Nuttzy. Stupid to throw out stuff you already bought.
They had a drag party in the barrel house

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Anheuser-Busch has apparently lost $6Billion in the last week, but they say they have no intentions of changing anything.

Money talks and I can't imagine AB would let this huge market share get away without an apology, but they seem to think that folks will have a short memory and cave to their addiction to their beer.

Have Bud Light drinkers found an alternative, or will they forget about it and pick up a case of Bud Light this weekend?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anheuser-Busch has apparently lost $6Billion in the last week, but they say they have no intentions of changing anything.

Money talks and I can't imagine AB would let this huge market share get away without an apology, but they seem to think that folks will have a short memory and cave to their addiction to their beer.

Have Bud Light drinkers found an alternative, or will they forget about it and pick up a case of Bud Light this weekend?
I can't see them apologizing. It would just create more outrage from the other side and no one would probably forgive them. There best hope is to cancel the ad campaign quietly and hope people forget with time.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I will admit that Bud Light has been my regular beer for 20+ years because it's the one beer my wife likes to drink.

I have and will drink any damn thing.

We're gonna give Model Oro a shot.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is the person Bud Light hired to pimp their brand...

This isn't a woman, this is a mentally deranged male who is fascinated with emulating pop culture stereotypes of a certain KIND of woman, ie, the glam 60s, 70s, 80's style Audrey Hepburn, Madonna, movie/music star trend from those decades.

The guy isn't a woman, he's an addict to an image. Prancing about is what makes him feel good. Not anything else about womanhood. It's like the people who dress up as cats and have whiskers surgically embedded in themselves. Uh, they still aren't cats, but they have mental issues where retreating into that make believe makes them feel good.

And I personally think that what really makes these addicts feel good is the attention. This avenue is the easiest way for them to get it.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Brilliantly put, Foo.

These boards (this one in all it's reincarnations plus others) have always been about, at least for me, entertainment.

Bitch about the Cowboys, laugh with each other, bully outsiders at times when it was perfectly justified, challenge each other with healthy debate and unwind.

The best times we have had at this board when we didn't have that tone where politics crept into things.

Now that is pretty much impossible.
Unfortunately, the left does not respect the divide anymore and tries to force politics into everything.

People who call for athletes to "stick to sports," so there can be sanctuaries from political infighting where we can all agree and have fun together, are shouted down or worse, implied to be racists for trying to prevent horribly oppressed billionaire Lebron James from "using his platform," as if when he advocates for political stances, it's morally justified, but when Rush Limbaugh does it on ESPN it's repugnant.

Just more hypocrisy from the biggest group of hypocrites on the planet.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like I've seen ads recently that are like "Our whiskey is for everyone," implying trannyism.

Top Bottom