The Beer Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Or just quit drinking. I've done that. i think its been over a year since my last alcoholic drink. A lot of that is due to medical issues in my family but I have found that alcohol is not really something I need to function or just to have a good time.

Rev

Staff member
From what I have seen Miller isn't doing it. Trust me, I have been watching and looking around.
Posted the Tiktok that shows the ads. They are.

Rev

Staff member
It's on their site:

Now Miller and Coors don't openly put a transgender on their can (I believe). They probably won't after the backlash that Bud is getting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, a poster having LGBT on it isn't even close to the same as putting a trans person on the can. They didn't run an add campaign like Bud Light just did. Again, not even close. BTW, three of the letters in LGBT I have no problem with. Hell, I don't have a problem with the T as long as you don't try to make me accept it as normal. When you force it down my throat is when I have a problem.

Rev

Staff member
So, a poster having LGBT on it isn't even close to the same as putting a trans person on the can. They didn't run an add campaign like Bud Light just did. Again, not even close. BTW, three of the letters in LGBT I have no problem with. Hell, I don't have a problem with the T as long as you don't try to make me accept it as normal. When you force it down my throat is when I have a problem.
I already said that they didn't put it on the can but it's still supported. If you stop drinking for one and go to the other that is supporting it then why stop in the first place is all I'm getting at.

Cotton

Staff member
I already said that they didn't put it on the can but it's still supported. If you stop drinking for one and go to the other that is supporting it then why stop in the first place is all I'm getting at.
Because there is a huge difference between putting LGBT on a poster versus hiring a trans person to be essentially the spokesperson for your brand and put out an ad with them in the bathtub with a "bra" on. It's completely different for me.

Cotton

Staff member
This is the person Bud Light hired to pimp their brand...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
In high school, my brother and I would keep PBR in our cooler so folks wouldn't steal our beer.

It worked tremendously!
PBR is probably the best cheap beer out there. Always has been.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
PBR is probably the best cheap beer out there. Always has been.
It's a shame you don't have enough class to enjoy the Champagne of Beers, but if everyone did it we couldn't call it the High Life.

Rev

Staff member
Because there is a huge difference between putting LGBT on a poster versus hiring a trans person to be essentially the spokesperson for your brand and put out an ad with them in the bathtub with a "bra" on. It's completely different for me.
Yes. Bud went overboard and they will lose money over it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I thought it was an April Fool's joke at first.

Is the whole point of marketing to get more people to try your beer or get more people to talk about your beer?

They may have over bid their hand dearly on this one. They are tons of folks who pick up a 6 or 12 pack every day after work.

Why drive a wedge between you and them for this?

I do expect some good ads from other beer brands, gonna sit back and drink these last 5 bud lights and enjoy the show.

By the way, it is beyond fucking retarded to destroy beer you've already paid for.

Rev

Staff member
Or go buy cases so you can shoot them with your AR 15.

That will teach them.

Cotton

Staff member
Is the whole point of marketing to get more people to try your beer or get more people to talk about your beer?
Kinda like the pitch clock in baseball. :unsure

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Or just quit drinking. I've done that. i think its been over a year since my last alcoholic drink. A lot of that is due to medical issues in my family but I have found that alcohol is not really something I need to function or just to have a good time.

I almost never drink. As of right now I probably haven't had a drink in about 9 months and the only alcohol currently in the house is champagne. I was never really a big drinker anyway. I haven't been drunk in over a decade.

That said, I enjoy drinking when I do it so I wouldn't just quit altogether over this sort of stuff. There are plenty of brands to choose from that are still normal.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Why don't you just see yourself outta this here thread, amigo? Might be time to rename it the Beer DRINKERS Thread.

We don't take too kindly to the transdrinkers telling us how to live!

I am just hackin on ya, props to you for making a decision for your health and sticking with it. We all battle our own demons and I like hearing how folks have triumphed over theirs.

Rev

Staff member
Why don't you just see yourself outta this here thread, amigo? Might be time to rename it the Beer DRINKERS Thread.

We don't take too kindly to the transdrinkers telling us how to live!

I am just hackin on ya, props to you for making a decision for your health and sticking with it. We all battle our own demons and I like hearing how folks have triumphed over theirs.
Well it's mostly my wife. I wouldn't have a driver if I drank when we are able to go out and I'm too lazy to go to the store to drink at home. Works good for my physique as well so there is that.

When I was drinking the last several years it was the Mexican beers (minis the bud light) - Modelo and Dos Equis.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm trying to remember which Mexican beer I hate. I keep confusing Modelo and Tecate but I think it was Tecate I hated. Whichever one it was, it was the worst beer I've ever had.

Rev

Staff member
I'm trying to remember which Mexican beer I hate. I keep confusing Modelo and Tecate but I think it was Tecate I hated. Whichever one it was, it was the worst beer I've ever had.
Most likely Tecate. Not sure I know a person that likes that one.

Top Bottom