Texts between Martin and Incognito finally surface

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't think either of them come off very well in this.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Ted Wells releases report on Miami Dolphins

Ted Wells released his independent report Friday to the NFL concerning allegations of workplace misconduct with the Miami Dolphins. The entire 144-page report can be read at www.NFLDolphinsreport.com.
"The Report concludes that three starters on the Dolphins offensive line, Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, engaged in a pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but also another young Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer," Wells said in a statement.

"The Report finds that the assistant trainer repeatedly was the object of racial slurs and other racially derogatory language; that the other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching; and that Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments.
"The Report rejects any suggestion that Martin manufactured claims of abuse after the fact to cover up an impetuous decision to leave the team. Contemporaneous text messages that Martin sent to his parents and others months before he left the Dolphins -- which have never before been made public -- corroborate his account that the persistent harassment by his teammates caused him significant emotional distress.
"The Report concludes that the harassment by Martin's teammates was a contributing factor in his decision to leave the team, but also finds that Martin's teammates did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury," the press release said.

Martin departed the Dolphins in late October 2013. Shortly afterward, bullying allegations arose regarding teammate Incognito due to a voice mail in which Incognito used a racial slur and threatened violence toward Martin.
The two players traded more than a thousand text messages in a year's span, and the teasing and vulgar banter went both ways, with references to sex, drugs, violence and bawdy behavior, often in a jocular tone.
The Dolphins placed Martin on the non-football illness list in late November. Incognito was suspended Nov. 3 and missed the rest of the 2013 season. His suspension was lifted following the Super Bowl. Dolphins officials say that was an administrative move agreed to by all parties last year, and had nothing to do with the league investigation of the case.

However, Incognito insisted in a Twitter rant Wednesday that Martin has not told the truth and maintains that the findings of the investigation would prove his innocence.
"The facts clearly show the allegations are false and there was no bullying," Incognito said in a statement to NFL Media columnist Michael Silver.
Mr. Wells went on to say in his press release that he won't hold a press conference and that the "comprehensive" report speaks for itself. We'll continue to dive into the particulars for much of Friday and pass along what we learn.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

lol wut

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

lol wut
:lol

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Incognito also insulted Martin in person and in text messages with other racially charged language, including referring to Martin as a “liberal mulatto bitch,” “stinky Pakistani,” “shine box” and “darkness.”
WUT

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Four days later, Incognito and Player B discussed rifle scopes in text messages.

Player B: Yes. That’s a solid optic made specifically for a .308 battle rifle

Incognito: Perfect for shooting black people

Player B: Lol exactly

Player B: Or Jeff Ireland
Your Miami Dolphins leadership council members, folks :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I could read that report for hours and still laugh.

Wait....does that mean I am insensitive?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Your Miami Dolphins leadership council members, folks :lol

Incognito is totally fucked.

If there was any doubt before, this should clear it up - he's never going to play in the NFL again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I can see how someone would be very offended by the comments directed towards his family but it's partially Martin's fault for being a bitch and not standing up for himself. I would've started a fight after about the third time I heard something like that about my family, and the point would've been made.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl
Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that
featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly
threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor
attack. According to Martin, the Assistant Trainer confided in him that he was upset
about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage.
Incognito is a real piece of shit.

I mean, hazing is one thing, but this shit right here is just indefensible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I can see how someone would be very offended by the comments directed towards his family but it's partially Martin's fault for being a bitch and not standing up for himself. I would've started a fight after about the third time I heard something like that about my family, and the point would've been made.
Kind of goes to show what kind of freak show of a workplace pro sports is. Imagine saying this about a shipping company's office or an accounting firm or whatever.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tap the breaks tough guy...just because he did not get into a physical confrontation he is somehow a bitch. Some people don't respond well in those situations...it does not make him a lesser person. Incognito is an asshole who was a bully.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tap the breaks tough guy...just because he did not get into a physical confrontation he is somehow a bitch. Some people don't respond well in those situations...it does not make him a lesser person. Incognito is an asshole who was a bully.
Yes, Incognito is an asshole but as a man you sometimes have to do things and Martin should have taken care of it himself, to some extent. Obviously if it continued, intensified or if there were repercussions for whatever Martin did to try to get them to stop, that's different, but I'm guessing if he set boundaries in that fashion these guys would've stopped.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Define molesting...

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It's not like Martin was unique in letting Incognito run all over him either. Evidently the whole organization either condoned, looked the other way, or feared this fucking goon like he was some kind of prison gang leader.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not like Martin was unique in letting Incognito run all over him either. Evidently the whole organization either condoned, looked the other way, or feared this fucking goon like he was some kind of prison gang leader.
Sounds like a highschool football team locker room most of the stuff that was going on. You would expect grown men to be more mature then this but I don't think Incognito ever progressed past that stage in his life.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Sounds like a highschool football team locker room most of the stuff that was going on. You would expect grown men to be more mature then this but I don't think Incognito ever progressed past that stage in his life.
You would also expect the organization or maybe team leaders to recognize what they had in Incognito and make sure the antics didn't get out of hand. A certain amount of hazing and initiation isn't bad to bond the team and harden up some soft rookies. But when you've got a meat head like Incognito that's incapable of seeing the lines you don't cross somebody needed to be there to step in before things got as bad as they did.

Top Bottom