Texas man, 72, dies trapped inside his Corvette dream car

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It's a Chevy, so...
The sad thing about Chevy is the engines are great. I've never heard anyone bash the LS series. Ford and Chrysler have a few good engines too. It's just US car companies can't wrap a decent car around their drivetrains.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The sad thing about Chevy is the engines are great. I've never heard anyone bash the LS series. Ford and Chrysler have a few good engines too. It's just US car companies can't wrap a decent car around their drivetrains.
This is not true anymore since 2010 America has put out some world class vehicles, the latest being the new Stingray.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This is not true anymore since 2010 America has put out some world class vehicles, the latest being the new Stingray.
I'll check those out in about 10 years when I can afford a vehicle made in 2010.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The door handles are apparently only able to activate electronic release switches. I guess that's the reason for the manual ones beside the seats.
That's correct. Actually, there aren't any "handles"...they are simple pushbuttons in the grab handles.

Outside there are pressure pads, similar to trunk release buttons, to get into the car.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I would put the last 2 generations of Corvette up against anything from other car makers as far as performance.

The main issue is the cross platform use of interior stuff, but the engineering in the newer Corvettes is up there with anything out of Germany or Italy.

I've had Porsches, and the interiors are the nicest out there. If the Vette could get THAT kind of interior, it wouldn't get knocked the way it does.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I would put the last 2 generations of Corvette up against anything from other car makers as far as performance.

The main issue is the cross platform use of interior stuff, but the engineering in the newer Corvettes is up there with anything out of Germany or Italy.

I've had Porsches, and the interiors are the nicest out there. If the Vette could get THAT kind of interior, it wouldn't get knocked the way it does.
The new stingray is getting rave reviews as a world class car all around drivetrain and interior.

it's not gonna be Porsche level but it's about a 1/3rd cheaper but it's in no way considered cheap looking anymore.

I think you might need to check it out.

Top Bottom