Texans Stuff...

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yea it's pretty obvious the plan is to shift him to LG once Tyron is back, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays roughly half this Texans game there.
Ok, so Tyron has some gas in the tank. And with Peters on board, this group is deep in talent as any in a good while. That’s evident by our bruising running game . This can be 2016 all over again, but with a mature and more aggressive passing game. This should be really good as we go through post season.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ok, so Tyron has some gas in the tank. And with Peters on board, this group is deep in talent as any in a good while. That’s evident by our bruising running game . This can be 2016 all over again, but with a mature and more aggressive passing game. This should be really good as we go through post season.
I think the 2016 OL was significantly better in terms of pass protection but the run blocking is similar. Of course the inferior pass protection can be mitigated by the fact that Dak is a much better passer and our passing game targets are better.

There's no comparison in terms of the defense obviously.

The main issue is that we're probably going to need to win 3 games on the road since it just so happens that the other dominant team in the conference is in our division, but it's been done before.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The main issue is that we're probably going to need to win 3 games on the road since it just so happens that the other dominant team in the conference is in our division, but it's been done before.
Assuming that other team doesn't go 2- in two games vs the Giants and one more vs the Commanders then lose to us (and we don't lose).

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming that other team doesn't go 2- in two games vs the Giants and one more vs the Commanders then lose to us (and we don't lose).
They don't play the Commanders again, but yea we need to win out and have them lose one other game. If that happens we're the 1 seed, but it's hard for me to see us winning out.

There's probably like a 40% chance the Eagles lose one of their 4 remaining games that aren't against us.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Connor McGovern will start at left guard, but Tyler Smith could also get some work there. When Tyron Smith returns, he’s expected to step back into his starting spot at left tackle. So what does that mean for Tyler Smith and McGovern? That’s still to be determined. The Cowboys would like to put their best five out there. That could be with Tyler Smith sliding over or McGovern keeping his starting spot.
In the Colts game, they were getting him what seemed to be a good number of snaps late at LG, with Peters as a placeholder for what can only be assumed is Tyron Smith’s return. I guess that is one way to try to prepare for the change in chemistry.
Specifically replying to the above.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They don't play the Commanders again, but yea we need to win out and have them lose one other game. If that happens we're the 1 seed, but it's hard for me to see us winning out.

There's probably like a 40% chance the Eagles lose one of their 4 remaining games that aren't against us.
Imagine if we had won the Packers game. :budd

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yep it sucks, although it's hard for me to be too upset if we finish 13-4 or especially 14-3, it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances.
we should have a good final record from where we stand currently and the remaining schedule.

Top Bottom