Ted Nugent thinking about running for president

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ted Nugent thinking about running for president

By Rachel Weiner, Published: July 3, 2013 at 10:43 am

Conservative provocateur Ted Nugent is considering a presidential bid, Steve Hendrix reports in a Washington Post Magazine story this week.

Now, the constant beseeching from fans and followers has Nugent eyeing a run for the Republican nomination, the party he aligns with as the lesser of two feebles. (He is one of the few Republicans who will disparage Ronald Reagan, mainly for signing a bill restricting machine-gun sales.)

“Things are just so wrong in the country now,” Nugent said. “And I know that my answers would make things wonderful, unless you just refuse to produce, and then I’d recommend that you move to Canada. Or Illinois.”

He even has a slogan picked out: “Hi, I’m Ted Nugent. I have nine children from seven women, and I’m running for president.”

The musician and gun enthusiast has flirted with politics before, talking about a run for governor of Michigan in 2006 and 2010.

Nugent attended the State of the Union this year as a guest of Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Tex.). His visit to Washington came a little less than a year after Nugent was contacted by the Secret Service for saying he would “be dead or in jail” if President Obama was reelected.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That would be awesome, but he could never get elected.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Yeah, Ted Nugent as president would be "awesome."

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Sometimes I like the guy, sometimes I think he's a freak.
He is a freak on some things, but some view Ron Paul as a freak and I would love to see him in office.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

At this stage, I might even welcome Bozo the Clown to avoid a continuation of the same. It doesn't matter who is President anymore. Bush, Obama, the shit is all the same. They even continue each other's unfinished agendas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is a freak on some things, but some view Ron Paul as a freak and I would love to see him in office.
Nugent is a lot more freakish than Ron Paul. Ron is a kook. Get it straight.

Cotton

Staff member

It would be nice to have a person not a typical politician take a turn and see what they could accomplish. Plus, I agree with a lot of what he stands for.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The average schmo thinks he wants someone just like him to be President, but he really doesn't.

I imagine it would be a lot like that one episode where Homer Simpson gets to design a car for guys like himself.

Cotton

Staff member
At this stage, I might even welcome Bozo the Clown to avoid a continuation of the same. It doesn't matter who is President anymore. Bush, Obama, the shit is all the same. They even continue each other's unfinished agendas.
Exactly. Republican and Democrat alike we get the same shit no matter which party is elected in.

Cotton

Staff member
The average schmo thinks he wants someone just like him to be President, but he really doesn't.

I imagine it would be a lot like that one episode where Homer Simpson gets to design a car for guys like himself.
Maybe. But, how are we doing electing basically the same person over and over again?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
V. Putin: We wish to speak to you about terms regarding the extradition of Mr. Snowden.

Pres. Nugent: WANGO TANGO, WANGO TANGOOOOOO!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

True.

Cotton

Staff member
V. Putin: We wish to speak to you about terms regarding the extradition of Mr. Snowden.

Pres. Nugent: WANGO TANGO, WANGO TANGOOOOOO!
Oh c'mon. He would have Hillary as Secretary of State for that.

:unsure

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
LOL

Hey let's nominate Chuck Norris as VP.

Whotta joke.

Top Bottom