Super Bowl LV Chatter Thread | Bucs/Chiefs

data

Forbes #1
Maybe so but that isn’t what I was referring to. Its the assigning of wins or losses to a QB such as the article was doing. The writer was saying how many wins or losses a given QB had over other QBs. He was assigning team victories to a single player.
2019: Patriots go 12-4 and Bucs 7-9

Brady goes to TB

2020: Patriots 7-9 and Bucs 11-5

Peyton Manning goes to Broncos. 2 SB appearances. Peyton Manning leaves and they haven’t made playoffs since.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I miss the years when ESPN would replay all SB highlight films Sat night - Sun morning.
I think NFL Network did that Friday - Saturday.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mahomes is from my original hometown (Tyler, TX) so that trumps your little TT claims. We had him first!!!
I didn't know you were born in Tyler. I lived in Tyler for about 4 years, and graduated high school from a town called Malakoff which is about an hour west of Tyler on Cedar Creek lake.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Bucs miss FG late. All those Super Bowl years with Vinatieri, finally it averages out for Brady.

Chiefs by 3
It's amazing how close Brady's Super Bowls have been. Most have come down to a clutch kick or miracle catch that either won him the game or cost him the game.

On the surface the 6 Super Bowl rings scream dominance but if you watched those games you understand he could easily "only" have 2 Super Bowl rings.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I didn't know you were born in Tyler. I lived in Tyler for about 4 years, and graduated high school from a town called Malakoff which is about an hour west of Tyler on Cedar Creek lake.
We've had discussions about this several times. You're getting old. Alzheimer's is setting in. :lol

But yes, I was born in Tyler, TX,. I lived there until I was 8. My dad was in the Air Force so we ended up moving to OKC (Tinker AFB) when I was in 3rd grade and that's how I ended up in the Sooner state.

Cotton

Staff member
We've had discussions about this several times. You're getting old. Alzheimer's is setting in. :lol

But yes, I was born in Tyler, TX,. I lived there until I was 8. My dad was in the Air Force so we ended up moving to OKC (Tinker AFB) when I was in 3rd grade and that's how I ended up in the Sooner state.
I knew we had talked about it. I just wanted to talk about it again, okay?

:unsure

data

Forbes #1
It's amazing how close Brady all Brady's Super Bowls have been. Most have come down to a clutch kick or miracle catch that either won him the game or cost him the game.

On the surface the 6 Super Bowl rings scream dominance but if you watched those games you understand he could easily "only" have 2 Super Bowl rings.
Yeah. When discussing all-time QBs, I’ll typically clarify that I think Brady is the GOAT but Montana is the Playoffs/SB GOAT.

Are we discussing greatest QB for a career or one game? There’s a difference.

Same thing with Barry vs Emmitt. Barry on the Cowboys and he crushes the career rushing mark, multiple 2k seasons. But I don’t know if we win 3 Super Bowls. That famous second half, Emmitt Smith drive would’ve been wrecked with one Barry -3 run that Emmitt took for 4 yards.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mahomes is from my original hometown (Tyler, TX) so that trumps your little TT claims. We had him first!!!
Don't knock my school. We have done more for your program in the last decade that you have for yourself. At least you can be thankful.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah. When discussing all-time QBs, I’ll typically clarify that I think Brady is the GOAT but Montana is the Playoffs/SB GOAT.

Are we discussing greatest QB for a career or one game? There’s a difference.

Same thing with Barry vs Emmitt. Barry on the Cowboys and he crushes the career rushing mark, multiple 2k seasons. But I don’t know if we win 3 Super Bowls. That famous second half, Emmitt Smith drive would’ve been wrecked with one Barry -3 run that Emmitt took for 4 yards.
I'm not trying to delve into another pointless GOAT debate like the idiots on First Take and Undisputed. It's just something worth pointing out that none of Brady's teams were dominant. I guess you can say the 2007 team was dominant but they ended up ringless.

Even the one Super Bowl they won by double-digits (vs. Rams in 2018) was a tightly contested one-score game until the final few minutes.

The man just finds a way to win, which is really all that matters.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Don't knock my school. We have done more for your program in the last decade that you have for yourself. At least you can be thankful.
:lol

Fair point.

PM me your home address and I'll send you a thank you card for Baker and Lincoln.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Fair point.

PM me your home address and I'll send you a thank you card for Baker and Lincoln.
Do not do this, skid. You will end up with a box full of horse turds.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I just can't get into this game for some reason. I'm usually kind of that way for the SB -- to me the season is almost over when the conference championship games are done -- because I don't care one bit about all the hype and hoopla and commercials and all that. But this year is worse for some reason.

I think it's because I'm afraid the Chiefs losing their tackles could really hurt them. And the Bucs had the better defense anyway. Doubt the Reid kid DUI affects much at all, but it's possible that hurts them a little.

Hopefully Mahomes is his usual Superman self and that's enough to overcome all that.

data

Forbes #1
I'm not trying to delve into another pointless GOAT debate like the idiots on First Take and Undisputed. It's just something worth pointing out that none of Brady's teams were dominant. I guess you can say the 2007 team was dominant but they ended up ringless.

Even the one Super Bowl they won by double-digits (vs. Rams in 2018) was a tightly contested one-score game until the final few minutes.

The man just finds a way to win, which is really all that matters.
Absolutely.

Especially since he’s been to Super Bowls with four generations of teammates is so Bradie Bottle Lock.

Cotton

Staff member
Having smothered hamburger steak for lunch. It's been a long damn time.

Cotton

Staff member
For those wondering, it will be 72 today, so there will be some patio time.

Cotton

Staff member
My daughter has Spotify on country music right now. I'm about to shoot the fucking TV.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
And, to be honest, I thought you had typoed and meant rap music until I googled it and found out trap music is a thing. :lol

Top Bottom