Sturm's Morning After: Why it's imperative Cowboys bench Weeden for Cassel

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Agreed on all counts.

As for Cassel, at this point you can't get any worse than what Weeden is giving you. Sure, he hasn't had a 4 INT game or anything but that's because we are literally asking him to do next to nothing, and in turn we are getting next to nothing. At this point all you're looking for is a little spark to energize the team. When Romo got hurt I said I'd take 4-5 when he returns, which means we have to beat Tampa and somehow find a way to win one of the Giants, Seahawks and Eagles.
I've heard a few people in the sports media try to cape up for Weeden by pointing out that he's completing 70% of his passes.

It's easy to have a completion percentage over 70% when damn near every pass is a 3 yard dump off to the running back.

As I said yesterday, if Cassel comes out and throws a couple of INTs because he's trying to make plays downfield, I'm fine with that. I just don't want to sit through another 3 hours of 3 yard passes and three and outs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Never in the history of the NFL has an offensive line ever won shit by themselves. Don't know why that was suddenly supposed to come true this year.
I said that in preseason when people were dismissing the need for a better RB.

I even pointed out how as great as the early 90s Cowboys' OL was considered to be every RB other than Emmitt looked like dog shit running behind that OL.

It seems as if the Garrett and the front office decision makers bought into the notion that any WGAS RB would be successful behind this line.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I said that in preseason when people were dismissing the need for a better RB.

I even pointed out how as great as the early 90s Cowboys' OL was considered to be every RB other than Emmitt looked like dog shit running behind that OL.

It seems as if the Garrett and the front office decision makers bought into the notion that any WGAS RB would be successful behind this line.
That's why I was having a fit when the team didn't sign Murray or draft a good prospect.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why I was having a fit when the team didn't sign Murray or draft a good prospect.
I don't know that I had a fit, but I've always been pretty adamant that Randle needed a running mate and that McFadden sucks donkey dick.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't know that I had a fit, but I've always been pretty adamant that Randle needed a running mate and that McFadden sucks donkey dick.
Exactly. It's Randle who should be backing up a stud RB and McFadden who should be watching from home.

Being lead dog is not Randle's thing as was proven in 2014 when he averaged 6.7 YPC in relief. He's down to 3.9 now.

Everyone could see that coming, but I think an organizational deep tissue massage of retardation from Jerry got everyone thinking any one of 500 RBs could run behind this OL.

Top Bottom