Sturm: Randy Gregory is again one of the pivotal defensive pieces for the Cowboys. Will this year be different?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ll just say this about Gregory. 2020 was trouble free, I bet he can do it again. And perhaps foolishly I will count on him starting opposite Dlaw
Yeah all we are really talking about is "if weed is no longer an issue with the NFL" can we still call him unreliable?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah all we are really talking about is "if weed is no longer an issue with the NFL" can we still call him unreliable?
Last year would seem to suggest that “no”, he’s not unreliable if weed isn’t a concern or issue

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year would seem to suggest that “no”, he’s not unreliable if weed isn’t a concern or issue
That's my thought. This isn't Underwood running naked down the streets.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I guess we really don’t know. Nothing suggests he won’t be able to play a full season. If anything he’s taken less punishment over the years than other starting 29 year old NFL DEs.

BTW, though he can’t be suspended, he can still be fined for pot and those fines escalate. If he’s fined more than he makes in a game, who knows what effect that might have on his play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess we really don’t know. Nothing suggests he won’t be able to play a full season. If anything he’s taken less punishment over the years than other starting 29 year old NFL DEs.

BTW, though he can’t be suspended, he can still be fined for pot and those fines escalate. If he’s fined more than he makes in a game, who knows what effect that might have on his play.
How much can a player be fined for pot? I'm sure there is a cap.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
He missed 4 games to injury and 54 games due to "weed addiction".

While you can absolutely argue that he was an idiot to give up a career for weed you can look at it in other ways too. He was standing for what he believed in. He would rather smoke weed than play football. Within all of that is the fact that he is a millionaire who if he was smart about it doesn't matter if he ever played another down in the NFL.

Regardless of all that, the fact is that almost all of the games he missed were due to weed, this is no longer an issue, so, the question that seems to be being ignored is what makes you believe that he will have an issue staying on the field since the issue that kept him off the field (voluntarily or not) is now gone?

p1_

DCC 4Life
There is no issue aside from weed. We should see 17 games from Msr Gregory this season.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's no reason to believe Gregory will play any fewer games than any other non-injury prone player on the roster if the weed concern is totally out (which it seemingly is).

data

Forbes #1
There's no reason to believe Gregory will play any fewer games than any other non-injury prone player on the roster if the weed concern is totally out (which it seemingly is).
All this confidence in a full season, but no one declaring Bradie Bottle Lock makes it just false bravado.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's exactly right. I'm not saying the guy is a lock stud suddenly but I think it's silly to act like we are dealing with the same guy who was getting suspended for weed. Now we get to just deal with the player, his talent and if his body can hold up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
All this confidence in a full season, but no one declaring Bradie Bottle Lock makes it just false bravado.
Assuming weed suspensions don't happen anymore, he won't miss any games this season due to suspension, Bradie Bottle Lock that bitch.

Top Bottom