Sturm: Pondering The Present And Future Of Jason Witten

kidd

DCC 4Life
Damn I must’ve been annoying as hell for the past 10+ yrs. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shorter connections will always be more accurate.
And yet Dez Bryant's catch rate continues to drop. Odd how that works huh.

Oh yeah and Butler's catch rate climbs along with his yards per catch. But nothing to see here.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And yet Dez Bryant's catch rate continues to drop. Odd how that works huh.

Oh yeah and Butler's catch rate climbs along with his yards per catch. But nothing to see here.
:lol are you really calling out Brice Butler's catch rate? A guy with 23 total targets and 15 whole catches?

Read the PFF analysis on Dez:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-is-dez-bryant-still-a-no-1-wr

From 2015-2017 Dez's catchable ball percentage dropped from 70% from 2012-2104 to 59.4%. That's ridiculous number of flat-out misses when you have 132 targets. Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and AJ Green all have a 70% or higher catchable pass rate in that same period. The three-year NFL average is 67.4%.

Meanwhile his forced missed tackles per reception is .2, which is about double Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and AJ Green. Dez is a beast when you can get him the football.

To elaborate, a quote from the article: "His 59.6 percent catchable target rate over the last three years ranks 50th out of 51 WRs with min 200 targets during that span of time." IOW, the guy getting him the football is near dead last in throwing catchable footballs.

I'm the first to point out that Dez is getting older and his physical style does not fit well with age, but you'll never convince me Dak is not significantly complicit in Dez's overall lack of production.

Top Bottom