Sturm: How bad was the Amari Cooper trade for Cowboys? Take a look around the league and find out

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Didn't they admit that the reason they operate this way is because they prefer rewarding the players who have done it the "Cowboys way". (paraphrasing)

Which goes to the point that you guys have brought up about the team operating in an echo chamber.
It is their culture in the building. Free agents who have visited sometimes get turned off.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Didn't they admit that the reason they operate this way is because they prefer rewarding the players who have done it the "Cowboys way". (paraphrasing)

Which goes to the point that you guys have brought up about the team operating in an echo chamber.
Almost assuredly.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It’s truly a shame the fan base is so fucking retarded that they actually eat up every excuse and “GM speak” the Jones clan throws out there. Worse than that, they pay the outrageous ticket prices and bloated bullshit stadium garb ignoring the fact this team hasn’t won shit in 25+ years. And they won’t as long as the Jones family runs and GMs the team.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
It’s truly a shame the fan base is so fucking retarded that they actually eat up every excuse and “GM speak” the Jones clan throws out there. Worse than that, they pay the outrageous ticket prices and bloated bullshit stadium garb ignoring the fact this team hasn’t won shit in 25+ years. And they won’t as long as the Jones family runs and GMs the team.
This seems like a good time to mention again how badly these fuckin high rollin hillbillies designed their piece of shit billion dolla stadium with the fuckin big screen too low for some punts and a motherfuckin dome that still blinds player with sunlight. :lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
This is why I refuse to give those fucking inbred mouth breathers a fucking dime of my hard earned money. I’d sooner drop dead than make the hour-plus drive from McKinney to that abomination of a building and hand that drooling piece of shit my cash.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is why I refuse to give those fucking inbred mouth breathers a fucking dime of my hard earned money. I’d sooner drop dead than make the hour-plus drive from McKinney to that abomination of a building and hand that drooling piece of shit my cash.
When people discover I follow the Cowboys, at hey always ask if I have been to a game at the Jones cathedral. My answer is no and I never intend to.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm guessing 105.3 won't because they still want them as guests. They aren't going to risk their access.
theyve held his feet to the fire before, and he snaps back at them. then he gives the backhanded apology.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
When people discover I follow the Cowboys, at hey always ask if I have been to a game at the Jones cathedral. My answer is no and I never intend to.
Last Cowboys game I went to was during Parcells era against Bengals (loss). I couldn't tell ya when I last bought Cowboys merchandise. As a matter of fact, what the fuck am I even doing here? :lol

data

Forbes #1
“Absolutely not to Jones cathedral. I’m not that kind of Cowboys fan. I prefer to sit in the darkness of my room, days on end, only experiencing light from the illumination of my wonderfully simple iPhone, where I share disparaging remarks about Jerry Jones with other Cowboys followers. I’ve never met these people, but they’re mostly real. If the Cowboys play on ESPN+ and Amazon Prime, they can kiss my ass. Overall, yeah, I’m a real Cowboys fan.”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
“Absolutely not to Jones cathedral. I’m not that kind of Cowboys fan. I prefer to sit in the darkness of my room, days on end, only experiencing light from the illumination of my wonderfully simple iPhone, where I share disparaging remarks about Jerry Jones with other Cowboys followers. I’ve never met these people, but they’re mostly real. If the Cowboys play on ESPN+ and Amazon Prime, they can kiss my ass. Overall, yeah, I’m a real Cowboys fan.”
Pretty much. I don't understand your reply.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was an awful trade. It's not really this complicated. The Cowboys came off as desperate and took whatever they could get at the time. All those other WR's were not done in desperation. The desperate teams in those instances were the teams that traded for them. The Cardinals, Eagles, Raiders, and Dolphins traded for WR's out of desperation and got players from teams that weren't really eager to dump those players.
Anyway, all this shit makes me a little sick to think about. We should have had at least an extra second round pick in this draft from Cooper. And it still pisses me off.

Top Bottom