Sturm: Decoding McCarthy, Week 10 - The 640 Yarder

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is and he has. He seems in a real zone.

And yes, he will get picked along the way.
I'll take a pick here or there if he is throwing multiple TDs and being aggressive in a successful way.

You're not going to win games that matter by dumping the ball off on every play.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll take a pick here or there if he is throwing multiple TDs and being aggressive in a successful way.

You're not going to win games that matter by dumping the ball off on every play.
The whole INT narrative is retarded, anyway. Pushed by the media because it draws attention, and idiot fans because, well, they're idiots.

Historically, he has had low INT numbers, and again this year is well below the league leaders.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The whole INT narrative is retarded, anyway. Pushed by the media because it draws attention, and idiot fans because, well, they're idiots.

Historically, he has had low INT numbers, and again this year is well below the league leaders.
Last year was really bad, though, and had to be fixed.

I still think there's a very good chance this was McCarthy's plan from the start: Start very conservatively to get the INTs down and Dak's confidence up, then ramp up as you go throughout the year. Early in the season it was more important to fix that INT problem than it was to score 35 points a game.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Last year was really bad, though, and had to be fixed.

I still think there's a very good chance this was McCarthy's plan from the start: Start very conservatively to get the INTs down and Dak's confidence up, then ramp up as you go throughout the year. Early in the season it was more important to fix that INT problem than it was to score 35 points a game.
Credit to the WRs for cleaning up the cutting issues.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I will say I think Dak is playing some of the best football I have seen from him over the last 3 games. Even with the team coming up short against the Eagles I think he has played well.
You can only play who’s on your schedule, and I appreciate Dak taking the team on his shoulders since the SF debacle. Tough road win vs the Chargers doesn’t happen without Dak playing at a high level, and though the Giants are 2023 lightweights, he responded by lighting them up for over 600 yards, 404 passing.

We should have beaten the Eagles, though, so calling Dak elite is not yet in the cards.

1st and goal from the 5 with under 25 seconds to play— got to understand the urgency of that moment, what it could mean to our season, and execute. I love that we have clearly grown as a offense, but letting that moment go with only one legit shot at the win after the stepping out of bounds gaff— those are real gaps that have persisted throughout his career. Still… major improvements overall since game 1 shows good coaching

Top Bottom