Sturm: Cowboys Draft 2013: Attempting To Analyze The Weekend

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
No doubt it's all B.S. spin. And after hearing the report about Romo's new contract, I don't doubt for one minute if Jerry agreed to take an OL in the first round. After all our targets were gone by 18 Jerry made sure to move down and get an OL even if it mean going against everyone else in the room and drafting a 2nd/3rd round talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the point of hiring a HC and scouting director that you won't listen to? You are too used to how this joke of an organization is run.
We have a head coach who in reality is just our offensive coordinator. If he was a real head coach I might give a shit, but instead he is an offensive coordinator with a fancy title, so no I don't care what he says about a defensive player.

I agree about our scouting director because I view him as our defacto GM. If we had a real GM, I'd have no problem with the GM overruling my scouting director. Here is reality, we should have never had Floyd ranked that highly. If he isn't a fit then don't rank him that highly. We have no problem pulling guys like Elam off our board but yet we rank a guy who doesn't fit our defense highly? I don't get that. I personally would have never ranked Floyd that highly. What I don't get is that if Dallas wanted to spin this thing why ever admit they had him ranked that highly on their board? They should have just said he was ranked as a third rounder on their board or something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We have a head coach who in reality is just our offensive coordinator. If he was a real head coach I might give a shit, but instead he is an offensive coordinator with a fancy title, so no I don't care what he says about a defensive player.

I agree about our scouting director because I view him as our defacto GM. If we had a real GM, I'd have no problem with the GM overruling my scouting director. Here is reality, we should have never had Floyd ranked that highly. If he isn't a fit then don't rank him that highly. We have no problem pulling guys like Elam off our board but yet we rank a guy who doesn't fit our defense highly? I don't get that. I personally would have never ranked Floyd that highly. What I don't get is that if Dallas wanted to spin this thing why ever admit they had him ranked that highly on their board? They should have just said he was ranked as a third rounder on their board or something.
Glad you agree.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
So, when they entered this weekend, they were at a distinct disadvantage against the league for 2 reasons. 1) they had more needs than your average team and 2) they had fewer picks than your average team.
You have to add a third to that, Bob. 3) Jerral Wayne Jones is their GM for life.

With reports that the Cowboys did not follow this process over the weekend when the room disagreed about taking Sharrif Floyd at #18 or trading down to get #31 and #74, we are left with whispers that Jerry Jones stepped in and grabbed the steering wheel when his personnel department and coaching staff wished to do otherwise. They spent all year setting up their board and doing their work, but when the moment of truth arrived, the veto power from the man on the throne slammed down. And the personnel department shook its collective head. It is his team and he can do what he wants, but to go against your brain trust when that has found trouble in the past, well...
Just one more perfect example of why the Cowboys will always come up short with Jerry Jones in charge. Does it work sometimes? Sure, and maybe it even will pay off this time. But goddamn it, organizations that operate like this are never going to have sustained success. I honestly can't believe I still root for this team and follow them as closely as I do.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
And we have an owner who gave him the GM title without having any experience or qualifications, so I don't care what he says about any player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I still think it is moronic to draft a player that your defensive coordinator won't use. To that extent I obviously disagree with you.
:lol

Old man Monte, looks at Floyd: Feh. Can't use him. Take it back.

Top Bottom