Sturm: Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs has outperformed his draft class with huge splash plays - Quinn Report

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I hope he is.

And I think it is great he views social media as he was instructed.

But you know how he blew up this week, all it takes is the wrong person in his ear.
He has a brother who is a relative superstar in the league right now, I think he'll be fine.

And while there's no way he can keep up this pace I wouldn't worry about last year, as a rookie, in that defense, in a Covid shortened off-season.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has a brother who is a relative superstar in the league right now, I think he'll be fine.

And while there's no way he can keep up this pace I wouldn't worry about last year, as a rookie, in that defense, in a Covid shortened off-season.
Your homer reading is off the charts.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think it's reasonable to believe that he's made big strides between then, when he was in the middle of his rookie season, and now.
Didn't get proper summer conditioning, training camp, or even in season practice last year. I don't see how any of the rookies did anything last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just extend Diggs at starter money now. In 4 years it will look cheap.
I'd wait until after this season before considering that. He is doing great now. Let's see if he can sustain it.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
Just extend Diggs at starter money now. In 4 years it will look cheap.
i believe you cant do that until after year 3 but could be wrong and why would you do it now..i get a fans mindset but i rather let the guy keep cooking and yes when hes up for extension talk contract but no reason to outbid yourself even thought it feels like a good thing..

we need to get some of these other bloated deals off the books soon possible 2022 tank, Jaylon and others might be asked to take major pay cuts or be cut..

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Prescott could nail any job interview on the planet right now.

He's on point. And no doubt, trying to build a brand.

Remember when Romo tried to build a brand?

I think it involved promoting Starter at Walmart.
Promoting Starter was cool.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Starter was cool in like 1994.
And it was cool that Romo is clearly representing from that era, and that's why he endorsed it. Same as his whole thing singing karaoke with the teacher from Saved by the Bell or whatever.

Romo was an unapologetic 80's/90s kid, it's awesome.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And it was cool that Romo is clearly representing from that era, and that's why he endorsed it. Same as his whole thing singing karaoke with the teacher from Saved by the Bell or whatever.

Romo was an unapologetic 80's/90s kid, it's awesome.
Romo said it was important for him to sponsor clothing people could afford, that could actually be the first sports gear someone purchased.

Maybe he was BS’ing when he said that and Starter was the only clothing endorsement he could land, but that doesn’t ring true.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd wait until after this season before considering that. He is doing great now. Let's see if he can sustain it.
Yep. Premature re-signing is such a Jerry Jones thing to do, to toot his own horn in the process while adding another ‘star’ or diamond in the rough to his collection of grateful athletes.

That’s how you end up with Jaylon Smith.

Sign Diggs when you need to, or don’t sign him if it’s a bad or risky contract two years from now.

That’s why you have a rookie deal.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom