Sturm: Chauncey Golston film analysis - Cowboys’ 3rd-round pick has old-school DE upside

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I never hated Crawford. I think the vitriol directed towards him was mostly unwarranted. He was a decent enough player that was over paid. Who’s fault is that? Certainly not his. Anybody that says they wouldn’t sign for the absolute most they could is lying. The fault lies with our bean counters.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never hated Crawford. I think the vitriol directed towards him was mostly unwarranted. He was a decent enough player that was over paid. Who’s fault is that? Certainly not his. Anybody that says they wouldn’t sign for the absolutely most they could is lying. The fault lies with our bean counters.
Yeah part of it too is that the last few years he has kind of been worthless. Earlier in his career he was pretty solid.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I never hated Crawford. I think the vitriol directed towards him was mostly unwarranted. He was a decent enough player that was over paid. Who’s fault is that? Certainly not his. Anybody that says they wouldn’t sign for the absolute most they could is lying. The fault lies with our bean counters.
we do have some really bad bean counters, for sure.

Smith sucks AND he got massively overpaid.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, he was spare as could be but he didn't really do anything wrong... Well until being a dumbass once at Coyote Ugly.

Smith is just an unlikable fool with all the sunglasses and swiping and "Check my great tape, bro" buffoonery .

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd like to hereby call for an end to the Crawford comparisons for this guy, at least until he proves he sucks and the team has an irrational love for him like Crawford.
I second this motion. All in favor?

Cotton

Staff member
Ok, so which player deserves more hate:
Ty Crawford or Jaylon Smith? Discuss..
That is easily Jaylon.

Cotton

Staff member
Crawford was a decent starting caliber player for almost a decade, Jaylon Smith is a massive liability who is capable of torpedoing any given play on his own, so you tell me.
He is a massive liability.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That is easily Jaylon.
Yeah the Crawford hate isn't really his fault, it's the fact our FO gave him an extension before he proved he was worth it and then he ddn't live up to the cost.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah the Crawford hate isn't really his fault, it's the fact our FO gave him an extension before he proved he was worth it and then he ddn't live up to the cost.
I remember some old good poster at another board had in his sig Stephen's quote about how "devastating" it was when he got hurt one year. Like seriously, losing a guy that average could be devastating?

Top Bottom