Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount both arrested

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount both arrested

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT

The Steelers’ top two running backs were arrested together today.

Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount, Pittsburgh’s first- and second-string running backs, were in a car together and stopped by Ross Township Police this afternoon. Detective Brian Kohlhepp of the Ross Police Department tells PFT that a motorcycle officer smelled marijuana smoke coming from the car and pulled it over. Police found a baggy containing about 20 grams of marijuana in the car.

Both Bell and Blount are expected to be charged with possession of marijuana. Bell is also expected to be charged with driving under the influence. An unidentified female in the car is also expected to be charged with possession of marijuana. According to police, all three people in the car admitted that the marijuana belonged to all of them.

The Steelers took Bell in the second round of last year’s draft, and he won the starting job as a rookie. He carried 244 times for 860 yards and eight touchdowns last year.

Blount signed with the Steelers this offseason after spending last year in New England, where he had 772 yards and seven touchdowns on 153 carries.

Bell and Blount could both now be subject to league discipline, but likely not until the case is resolved.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Queue the Boberts' Blount puns in 3.....2.....1......

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Smelled MJ smoke from outside the car and pulled over the car to arrest them? Either they were smoking up the car like Cheech and Chong or the cop was a bloodhound or he stopped them for being two black dudes in a nice car and they were dumb enough to have dope in the car.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Smelled MJ smoke from outside the car and pulled over the car to arrest them? Either they were smoking up the car like Cheech and Chong or the cop was a bloodhound or he stopped them for being two black dudes in a nice car and they were dumb enough to have dope in the car.
Yep.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Weed is a pretty prominent smell...I don't see a conspiracy here.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Weed is a pretty prominent smell...I don't see a conspiracy here.
I actually never smoked weed and the only time I smelled it was when I hung out with some friends letting them smoke in the rabbit hutch in my back yard (it was basically a big shed with a long run of cages). Still, on a street, on a damned motorcycle you smell exhaust and nothing else. Even in a car with the windows down in heavy traffic, I couldn't smell the Marlboro bus driving by.

If they were stopped for speeding and the cops smelled weed I would totally buy it though. It might have really been that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I actually never smoked weed and the only time I smelled it was when I hung out with some friends letting them smoke in the rabbit hutch in my back yard (it was basically a big shed with a long run of cages). Still, on a street, on a damned motorcycle you smell exhaust and nothing else. Even in a car with the windows down in heavy traffic, I couldn't smell the Marlboro bus driving by.

If they were stopped for speeding and the cops smelled weed I would totally buy it though. It might have really been that.
Clearly, we have a subject matter expert here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Maybe you inhaled too much rabbit craps odor and your sense of smell went on the Fritz. :art

Carp

DCC 4Life

You can smell weed. There was a kid smoking a J in the car next to me last week and I could smell it with my window rolled up.

Cotton

Staff member
You can smell weed. There was a kid smoking a J in the car next to me last week and I could smell it with my window rolled up.
Yeah, and the more expensive the weed the stronger the odor, and I would these two weren't smoking cheap shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the cars were at a stop light or something like that it would be believable. If the two cars are driving at any sort of a decent speed I agree, I'd have a hard time believing one moving car can smell the odors from the inside of another moving car. I just don't think physics would be in the officers favor under that circumstance.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone ever smell pot at its harvest time? Growing is really common in Northern California now. There is a crop somewhere on every block it seems. On a trip there a few years back I kept smelling a skunk about every quarter mile and asked my brother in law where all the varmits came from. He informed me that it was pot being harvested. Doesn't smell like the same stuff when it is lit. Seems as though the burglary traffic has really picked up as well. Some of the neighbors posted signs in their yards saying no pot here. The growers are now moving their operation to the outlying areas to keep their houses from being damaged from break ins.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No, never smelled it before. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yes, that's a concern of mine daily.

Has nearly driven me to madness, in fact.

Top Bottom