Star Magazine: The Thinking On The O-line … Continuity

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So?

65 year old Bill Parcells did ten times the coaching job that Wade Phillips did during their respective tenures yet Phillips had the better record.
Parcells had his teams better prepared, more disciplined, and more focused than Wade's teams, but Parcells' teams were held back by Parcells on offense and Zimmer on defense.

Xs and Os are part of coaching and Wade had more success on the defensive side of the ball because of that, and a single great season with Sparano and Garrett co-coordinating the offense.

In the end Parcells was what his record said he was, an old coach who could still do some great things but who didn't have it in him to bring it all together any more.

Wade is what his record says he is. He's a guy who gets great results in his first couple of years somewhere, but whose arrow is always pointing down.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Parcells had his teams better prepared, more disciplined, and more focused than Wade's teams, but Parcells' teams were held back by Parcells on offense and Zimmer on defense.

Xs and Os are part of coaching and Wade had more success on the defensive side of the ball because of that, and a single great season with Sparano and Garrett co-coordinating the offense.

In the end Parcells was what his record said he was, an old coach who could still do some great things but who didn't have it in him to bring it all together any more.

Wade is what his record says he is. He's a guy who gets great results in his first couple of years somewhere, but whose arrow is always pointing down.
And Parcells is a coach who turns teams into ready-made contenders.

So.... I'll take Parcells and his lesser win-loss record.

I'll also take Garrett who isn't a guaranteed train wreck over Wade, the career loser.

Lotuseater

Banned
I still think garret has what it takes. I guess we'll see this year. I doubt he'll be kept if we miss the playoffs again, but I wouldn't put it past "the family" to bring him back for more. Monty's first year and all.

Lotuseater

Banned
Fuck you too.

Lotuseater

Banned
Evervbody pile on, as usual.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I still think garret has what it takes. I guess we'll see this year. I doubt he'll be kept if we miss the playoffs again, but I wouldn't put it past "the family" to bring him back for more. Monty's first year and all.
Since Monty being here looks a lot more like setting up for the next coach than a Garrett hire, I'd say Garrett won't be able to use that excuse when he fails to get to .500.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Evervbody pile on, as usual.
From experience on this board (and trust me in this matter) you will make it worse for yourself by acting out. Just take the lumps and move on. We call people out all the time. You aren't special. You just take it too personally.

Lotuseater

Banned
Well I seem to get piled on for stupid reasons. I have been posting on this board since 2007. I know how it goes.

A lot of childish bullshit goes on here amongst some brilliant football conversations, and I've learned to take the bad with the good.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
From experience on this board (and trust me in this matter) you will make it worse for yourself by acting out. Just take the lumps and move on. We call people out all the time. You aren't special. You just take it too personally.
Yeah. My new user name will be Lumpy if I ever decide to change it.

Top Bottom