Soccer Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
I dont like the US chances in next game. Germany with an extra day off, and the US just played in the jungle. Hope they advance now. A draw does it.

data

Forbes #1
All in all, with the third tiebreaker being Total Goals Scores, the US is still heavily favored to win.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hope Altidore is healthy and I'd like to see Yellin get more time. His speed jumped off the screen.

data

Forbes #1
Is head-to-head matter at tiebreaker?

Say Ghana beats Portugal and US loses to Germany, both Ghana and US has 4 points. Would it go to goal differential tiebreaker, or H2H?

Carl

RIP Brother
Is head-to-head matter at tiebreaker?

Say Ghana beats Portugal and US loses to Germany, both Ghana and US has 4 points. Would it go to goal differential tiebreaker, or H2H?
Goal Difference. After that, I have no idea, maybe goals scored?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Goal Difference. After that, I have no idea, maybe goals scored?
H2H after goal difference.

So basically, we need a draw at the very least to ensure qualification....or even a draw between Ghana and Portugal.

If we lose, it can't be by more tha 1 or then we'll have to hope Ghana don't win by more than 1.

Portugal have to win by like 4 to have a chance, so I would t worry about them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Before the game I would've taken a draw 10 times out of 10, at halftime I would've taken a draw 10 times out of 10, in the 75th minute I would've taken a draw 10 times out of 10, but to lose like that, because this fucker Bradley can't clear a god damn ball in the middle of the field, and because our defense can't contain one single striker in the box, is ridiculous.

Pathetic.

D

Deuce

Time for a little hush hush wink wink between Jurgen and Low. We'll take second in the group and draw Belgium. That's doable.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Time for a little hush hush wink wink between Jurgen and Low. We'll take second in the group and draw Belgium. That's doable.
Yea, I mean Belgium kinda sucks. They struggled mightily against Algeria and barely pulled a 1-0 win out of their ass against Russia. They are very talented but before the tournament I guessed that the whole would be less than the sum of their parts, and that's what it looks like.

I'm not particularly confident in our chances to advance out of the group right now though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am by no means a guy who watches much soccer, but we lost aggressiveness when we got the lead. The defense kept giving group and allowed them deep in on our side. Played not to lose, just were randomly kicked the ball back to them.

D

Deuce

My only criticism of Jurgen was his subbing. I love Wondo and think he'd give a nice spark when we need a late goal, but his subbing would have been better spent on some fresh legs for the D. Especially if those legs replaced Bradley or Cameron.

D

Deuce

Yea, I mean Belgium kinda sucks. They struggled mightily against Algeria and barely pulled a 1-0 win out of their ass against Russia. They are very talented but before the tournament I guessed that the whole would be less than the sum of their parts, and that's what it looks like.

I'm not particularly confident in our chances to advance out of the group right now though.
I am. I think we lose to Germany, but Portugal beats Ghana just not by the amount they need. We go on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am by no means a guy who watches much soccer, but we lost aggressiveness when we got the lead. The defense kept giving group and allowed them deep in on our side. Played not to lose, just were randomly kicked the ball back to them.
I said more than once on FB that we had to stay aggressive or we would lose. So damn frustrating.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Bradley had a forgettable performance, and his failure to clear that ball is what led that goal.

He needs to step his shit up.

And I think Ghana beat Portugal, so we better not lose by too many goals or we are out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I am. I think we lose to Germany, but Portugal beats Ghana just not by the amount they need. We go on.
Ghana totally outplayed us and went toe to toe with Germany.

Portugal got demolished by Germany and were out played by us.

I have seen nothing from Portugal that leads me to believe that they're gonna beat Ghana. Remember that Portugal have to go all out in hopes of winning by 3 goals or more, and that is going to leave them completely open to that dangerous Ghana counter attack.

I can't see Portugal winning that game.

Top Bottom