Soccer Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
How the US got even a point from that performance is beyond me. And Simp nailed it Bradley was atrocious, but I expect he will rebound. Beasley is beyond repair. If Ronaldo is fit for next game, he plays wide right and dominates.

D

Deuce

Dempsey suffered a broken nose in the game and had trouble breathing during the remainder. Gamer.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't think a tie vs Portugal assures USA the next round, they're in kind of the same boat as Mexico.
It doesn't look like the German machine will be taking the foot off the gas and Portugal is very capable of turning around and doing to Ghana what the Mannschaft did to them.

D

Deuce

I don't think a tie vs Portugal assures USA the next round, they're in kind of the same boat as Mexico.
It doesn't look like the German machine will be taking the foot off the gas and Portugal is very capable of turning around and doing to Ghana what the Mannschaft did to them.
If he draw with Portugal, we're in. Ghana has enough good players that they may squeeze out a goal or two against Portugal and I don't think they have enough to win out in goal differential. We just can't lay down to Germany.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming Germany beats Ghana it does assure us the next round unless Germany beats us about 5-0 and Portugal beats Ghana.

Going into the last game Germany would be on 6, USA 4, Portugal 1, Ghana 0 and we would have a +1 GD while Portugal would have a -4 GD, in reality that is as assured as you're going to get of going through.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Assuming Germany beats Ghana it does assure us the next round unless Germany beats us about 5-0 and Portugal beats Ghana.

Going into the last game Germany would be on 6, USA 4, Portugal 1, Ghana 0 and we would have a +1 GD while Portugal would have a -4 GD, in reality that is as assured as you're going to get of going through.
A GER 3-0 USA is not out of the question, neither would a POR 3-1 GHA and that would put POR through.
Again if I had to bet right now I'd bet on the USA getting through if they get a tie with POR, but I would not bet the house on it or any non superflous cash.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That is the right attitude, meanwhile I'm shitting my pants after the show the croatians put on vs Cameroon...

D

Deuce

Suarez is playing again. :towel

Ita going to be awesome watching England not making it out of their group.

Carl

RIP Brother
Godin should have been sent off. Ref is a bottleless git.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Suarez is so damn good.

If Uruguay can recover and go on to have a solid tournament, and Suarez scores more goals, he could put himself in the race for the Balon D'or.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Godin should have been sent off. Ref is a bottleless git.
Absolutely.

No intention to play the ball there which should've resulted in a 2nd yellow.

This ref has been awful.

Carl

RIP Brother
Suarez is so damn good.

If Uruguay can recover and go on to have a solid tournament, and Suarez scores more goals, he could put himself in the race for the Balon D'or.
Yes, that was a great striker's goal.

Why on earth is Welbeck on the field?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes, that was a great striker's goal.

Why on earth is Welbeck on the field?
Lallana for Welbeck and Barkley to take Rooney's place behind the striker would be my moves right at the half.

Carl

RIP Brother
Lallana for Welbeck and Barkley to take Rooney's place behind the striker would be my moves right at the half.
I don't they will take Rooney off; I definitely have Barkley on for Welbeck; then, honestly, I'd take off Gerrard and bring on either Lallana (not a huge fan) or Wilshire.

Top Bottom