So I guess we won't default

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Theyre bums. Spending was never an issue for them when GWB was president. NSA spying was never an issue for them when GWB was president. They need to get serious about doing productive work.
I have no doubt that for some of them it is because the President is kinda black.

I have never heard of some of the idiocy going on since this guy was elected.

For example, rolling out a bill in Congress only to vote against it when Obama came out in support of it.

superpunk

Banned
Theyre bums. Spending was never an issue for them when GWB was president. NSA spying was never an issue for them when GWB was president. They need to get serious about doing productive work.
The batshit crazy things they say.

"We fought the good fight; we just didn't win," Boehner told a radio station in his home state of Ohio in reference to GOP efforts to dismantle or defund President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms and extract deficit reduction concessions around the need to fund the government and raise the federal borrowing limit.
NO KIDDING. YOU MEAN LIKE THE OTHER 47 TIMES YOU "FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT"?

"If we're not willing to take a stand now, then when will we take this stand?" he told CNN's "New Day," adding that if "the conservative Republican plan had been implemented five years ago, say at the inception of what is now the Obama presidency, we would have far less debt and deficit."
IDK MAYBE YOU COULD HAVE TAKEN A STAND BEFORE IT BECAME A FUCKING LAW?

OH THAT'S RIGHT, YOU LOST. GTFOVERIT

superpunk

Banned
I have no doubt that for some of them it is because the President is kinda black.

I have never heard of some of the idiocy going on since this guy was elected.

For example, rolling out a bill in Congress only to vote against it when Obama came out in support of it.
One faction at least.

On Tuesday, Obama called for House Republicans to "do what's right" by reopening government and ensuring the United States can pay its bills. "We don't have a lot of time," he said.

But he acknowledged Boehner's difficulty in getting his fellow House Republicans on the same page.

"Negotiating with me isn't necessarily good for the extreme faction in his caucus," Obama said, referring to the tea party and its conservative allies. "It weakens him, so there have been repeated situations where we have agreements. Then he goes back, and it turns out that he can't control his caucus."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's hard to extract anything else when you aren't in power.

They control one house of Congress and not the Presidency. They can't even get a bill past the other house of Congress, let alone a Presidential veto.

They need to find something they can take back to their voters and say "This is the best we could get for you. Want better? Tell your friends to vote Republican."

Then next time they are in charge, they have to fucking repeal it for real. Just like all the other things like the Department of Education that should be shut down next time Republicans are in office, which weren't shut down last time they were in office.

superpunk

Banned
Maybe try not being an out-of-touch shithouse party aimed at representing the most insane part of our country and people will start voting for them.

Guess we'll have to deal with more of their shit in January though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then next time they are in charge, they have to fucking repeal it for real. Just like all the other things like the Department of Education that should be shut down next time Republicans are in office, which weren't shut down last time they were in office.
They won't. Welfare programs never get repealed. The healthy working folks are just going to be expected to bare extra costs for the sick and low income once again.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Never were going to default. All a charade to begin with. Also love how Obama the Senator was so concerned about $9 trillion in debt hampering our kids and grandkids, but at $17 trillion, President Obama is begging to have the debt ceiling raised so we can burden the grandchildren even more. And the lapdog media reports his talking points as if it's news.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well said.
Depends.... to a liberal, wanting economic responsibility (without taxing the "rich" people who make more than 150k a year half of their income) is pandering to the insane part of our country.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Depends.... to a liberal, wanting economic responsibility (without taxing the "rich" people who make more than 150k a year half of their income) is pandering to the insane part of our country.
You are so right. Somehow the liberal minded feel that personal wealth belongs to the public.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are so right. Somehow the liberal minded feel that personal wealth belongs to the public.
It's debilitating. We will be Canada soon. :budd

Top Bottom