Slane Girl Is A Hit

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus also flipped tables because of unrighteousness at the temple because of the tax collectors.

Judgement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First of all, this is the first intelligent response I've had about anything concerning the bible at the DCC in forever.

I am a little confused about what you are saying though. You are right that the Pharises were trying to trap Jesus. They wanted him to violate the law. Instead he flipped the script showed her mercy. A far as sticking to the letter of the law - I don't know what you mean. He didn't agree to stone here but instead he shed light own their own unrighteousness and the need for everyone involved to be redeemed.
This was a big topic of discussion in one of my Theology classes in school...I guess it was a benefit of going to a Baptist school. It is amazing how few people take a scholarly view of the Bible and instead rely on what Billy Bob The Preacher told them for years on Sundays. An academic study class on the Bible is something I strongly recommend everyone take. I know I appreciate the fact I had it as it really opens your eyes.

The letter of the law, stated by Moses, means you stone both the parties...not just the woman. I think your play here was more of the shedding light on the unrighteousness and less of what he was doing. The real point was not to preach against hypocrites, but sticking to the law, which in turn pointed out the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and the Scribes by trying to trick him in the first place.

The Law required, that after someone was found guilty, by two or more honest witnesses, that the eyewitnesses, were to be the ones to cast the first stone. Chances are if the adulterer and the adequate witnesses were there, she would have been stoned. From literal interpretation, Jesus was far more about the following the rules than some liberal who just looked the other way when it was violated.

It was more about due process than actually judging someone to begin with. The lesson is not speaking against judging, but judging righteously and in fairness, but specifically to the law.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This was a big topic of discussion in one of my Theology classes in school...I guess it was a benefit of going to a Baptist school. It is amazing how few people take a scholarly view of the Bible and instead rely on what Billy Bob The Preacher told them for years on Sundays. An academic study class on the Bible is something I strongly recommend everyone take. I know I appreciate the fact I had it as it really opens your eyes.

The letter of the law, stated by Moses, means you stone both the parties...not just the woman. I think your play here was more of the shedding light on the unrighteousness and less of what he was doing. The real point was not to preach against hypocrites, but sticking to the law, which in turn pointed out the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and the Scribes by trying to trick him in the first place.

The Law required, that after someone was found guilty, by two or more honest witnesses, that the eyewitnesses, were to be the ones to cast the first stone. Chances are if the adulterer and the adequate witnesses were there, she would have been stoned. From literal interpretation, Jesus was far more about the following the rules than some liberal who just looked the other way when it was violated.

It was more about due process than actually judging someone to begin with. The lesson is not speaking against judging, but judging righteously and in fairness, but specifically to the law.
Frickin' Evan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Frickin' Evan.
Going to a school with a bunch of their shiftless, non-scholarly hypocritical asses is what gave me the aversion to most Evangelics to begin with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Going to a school with a bunch of their shiftless, non-scholarly hypocritical asses is what gave me the aversion to most Evangelics to begin with.
:lol

You don't hear people described as shiftless much any more. I like it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well well well, boozer look at you all theological and stuff.

Good news though, I went to graduate seminary at one of the country's finest seminaries. Ok, it was only one year and then I dropped out, but still...

Did you miss the part where Jesus had come to complete the law in bible class? You are missing the nature of Jesus that is clear throughout the rest of the bible. Mercy. He restored many sinners, ate with thieves, hung out with prostitutes and pretty much never was harsh on any sinner other than the religious folks. The hypocrites who should have known better. So that was His nature woven throughout the entire NT.

Jesus wasn't some liberal ignoring the law. He came to fullfill the law to completion by doing away with all the hoops that you had to jump through to become justified. That was what he was on his way to doing at the time that this happened.

Also, don't ignore this part of the passage: Has no one condemned you?” 11*She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

When I asked you about what you meant about keeping the law it wasn't because I wasn't aware of the story in its entirety. It was because Jesus didn't free the woman. Matter of fact, Jesus did nothing. He basically said, if you want to stone her go for it, but the he shed light on their own sin that was unaddressed. Since they felt the sting of their own guilt they walked away. This resulted in Jesus one upping them one the pwnt. He neither kept the law nor violated it because he mad no commands. They all eventually split after they became aware of their own sin.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Jesus also flipped tables because of unrighteousness at the temple because of the tax collectors.

Judgement.
Yes sir! Absolutely right. Judgment on the religious hypocrites. That is where he was harsh. So this is a great warning for the religious jerks of today as well.

On sinners he was gentle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well well well, boozer look at you all theological and stuff.

Good news though, I went to graduate seminary at one of the country's finest seminaries. Ok, it was only one year and then I dropped out, but still...

Did you miss the part where Jesus had come to complete the law in bible class? You are missing the nature of Jesus that is clear throughout the rest of the bible. Mercy. He restored many sinners, ate with thieves, hung out with prostitutes and pretty much never was harsh on any sinner other than the religious folks. The hypocrites who should have known better. So that was His nature woven throughout the entire NT.
Yeah, but he was hardly this flaming liberal flower child that you see him characterized as. I know you realize that, most people don't.

So anyhoo, Jesus would be all for shaming this chick and the guy in the green hat as long as those that were righteous, and were there to see it were doing it. :unsure.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, but he was hardly this flaming liberal flower child that you see him characterized as. I know you realize that, most people don't.

So anyhoo, Jesus would be all for shaming this chick and the guy in the green hat as long as those that were righteous, and were there to see it were doing it. :unsure.
He was certainly there to set the standard and to forgive. Forgiveness from sin, so obviously if there was sin in His mind then He wasn't a fan of it in the first place.

Here's the deal though: the current confusion is that salvation has something to do with being good. Nope, it has everything to do with the fact that we can't be good enough so we need someone to step in for us and liberate us. This in turn produces obedience.

I like the comparison to marriage. Do you do nice things for your wife because she is a blessing to you and you want to be good to her? Or do you want to do good for your wife becasue you are scared of the consequences. One is motivated by love and the other by fear.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Judgement.
I equate this to religious leader now tuning the house of God into a profit center. It is common now. It is also common now for these same folks to stand on the podium and yell at teh gay and prostitutes while they make money for themselves. Jesus was neither of those.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes sir! Absolutely right. Judgment on the religious hypocrites. That is where he was harsh. So this is a great warning for the religious jerks of today as well.

But let us not get forgiveness and condoning blended together. Forgivness is a polor opposite to condoning what has been forgiven.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Slane Girl: Police 'awaiting blood test results to establish if teenager was spiked' as new 'grope video' emerges
21 Aug 2013 13:44

Police in Ireland are reportedly awaiting blood test results to establish if the teenager at the centre of the 'Slane Girl' scandal had her drink spiked.

Gardaí launched an investigation after photographs appearing to show the 17-year-old girl performing a sex act on a man in public at an Eminem concert went viral.

Images of the schoolgirl performing the intimate act in broad daylight in front of revellers at Slane Castle on Saturday have been shared by hundreds of social media users.

The Irish Times reported that the girl made a verbal complaint of an unrelated 'serious sexual assault' to gardaí working at the concert, but a police spokesman was unable to confirm the allegation.

There is no suggestion that the complaint has anything to do with the man who she is performing the sex act on.

The teenager is understood to have been examined at a sexual assault unit and blood tests have been carried out, according to the newspaper.

Police are also believed to be investigating a new video which emerged on YouTube yesterday afternoon, showing the schoolgirl surrounded by up to eight men who appear to push her and verbally abuse her as she kisses a young man.

The man is not the same male she was allegedly pictured performing an intimate act on in the photographs posted and shared on social networking sites on Sunday evening.

There is no suggestion that any of the men pictured with the girl or shown in the video are suspected of spiking her drink.

The video was removed by YouTube officials within an hour as it violated the website's community guidelines but gardaí are understood to have accessed the footage and are now investigating.

The teenager is understood to have been left extremely distressed and embarrassed and, according to some reports, is believed to have been sedated in hospital.

She and her family have been spoken to by police although she is yet to be formally interviewed.

It was reported that the person originally responsible for posting the graphic pictures online was a man from the Belfast area.

The graphic images appeared online on Sunday and soon went viral on social media.

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have now taken steps to block the photographs and suspend users sharing the images.

Facebook confirmed it had removed at least one page that published photographs of the schoolgirl because the images violated its terms of service.

A spokesman said Facebook "takes safety incredibly seriously, and have worked hard for years to develop clear rules and powerful reporting tools that enable people to easily report things that make them uncomfortable".

A spokesperson for Twitter said it did not tolerate "child sexual exploitation".

"When we are made aware of links to images of or content promoting child sexual exploitation they will be removed from the site without further notice and reported to The National Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC).

"We permanently suspend accounts promoting or containing updates with links to child sexual exploitation."

-------------

Sorry, I don't buy this garbage. It wasn't like she was gang-raped.

It is highly probable there were guys lining up though, like a bad gonzo gangbang flick.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
But let us not get forgiveness and condoning blended together. Forgivness is a polor opposite to condoning what has been forgiven.
No doubt. That is not the point at all. The bible addresses that pretty well.

Conversely let's not blend not condoning with believers judging non-believing sinners.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No doubt. That is not the point at all. The bible addresses that pretty well.

Conversely let's not blend not condoning with believers judging non-believing sinners.
It's is my bed time so I won't get into a long diatribe about this but although final judgement rest with God, folks like the Apostle Paul gave believers plenty of guidelines to use toward judging what is acceptable in the believers life. Conversely he gave guidelines as to how to deal with it when to condem it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

He wasn't free of sin according to the bible.

He had no room to judge.

That's the issue.

~this thread will go on for days~

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's is my bed time so I won't get into a long diatribe about this but although final judgement rest with God, folks like the Apostle Paul gave believers plenty of guidelines to use toward judging what is acceptable in the believers life. Conversely he gave guidelines as to how to deal with it when to condem it.
That is absolutely right believers judging believers. Not believers condemning the world.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He wasn't free of sin according to the bible.

He had no room to judge.

That's the issue.

~this thread will go on for days~
So what are you saying? You don't believe it's true? Surely not, Cotton.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is absolutely right believers judging believers. Not believers condemning the world.
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Also, I Corinthians 5:1-13 explains it REALLY well.

It's pretty simple, have the attitude that Jesus had towards people. You don't really have to qualm about all of the small stuff. What was His nature? It doesn't mean that there is no such thing as sin at all. It doesn't mean that it is a free for all. It doesn't mean that we can't say that folks shouldn't do certain things. It simply means that we lead with love first. Period.

Romans 2 - You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2*Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3*So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4*Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are talking about some chick blowing guys and we get into a deep as shit religious discussion.

:lol

We have been around all of each other far too long.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will say this...if I could pick one of you to go to church with...it would be skid.

I would say VaCowboy, but the snakes and shit would scare me.

Top Bottom