Site upgrade

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like most of the time a site is updated, I hate it. Is it just me or is the new site slow as shit?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Why can’t I use the Desktop mode on my phone anymore?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I was logged out and had to log back in, the page formatting seems all screwed up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It’s new, guys. I tried to prep you that it was going to be different. The way it looks now is not how it will end up. He said it takes a couple of days to get the search feature right which means the top of the main page is weird. It is not slow to me at all, but it might be to some because it is not finished and some of the resources are still being used for the upgrade. Hang tight.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It’s new, guys. I tried to prep you that it was going to be different. The way it looks now is not how it will end up. He said it takes a couple of days to get the search feature right which means the top of the main page is weird. It is not slow to me at all, but it might be to some because it is not finished and some of the resources are still being used for the upgrade. Hang tight.
It's not slow for me, think it might be a hair faster. The layout looks like crap right now but I expected that until we got it customized.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It's not slow for me, think it might be a hair faster. The layout looks like crap right now but I expected that until we got it customized.
It's not slow for me either, if anything It's faster than before. It's just the header that's wacky.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's not slow for me either, if anything It's faster than before. It's just the header that's wacky.
Yea the header damn sure needs fixed. Also can we put the search bar on the far right side of the top tool bar instead of floating on the right side of the banner?

Cotton

Staff member
It will be until we get it customized. I was lucky to get them to add the banner. He did that because I bitched enough about the time it took to get this shit done.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea the header damn sure needs fixed. Also can we put the search bar on the far right side of the top tool bar instead of floating on the right side of the banner?
All of this will take time, but I'm sure we can get it all fixed. We may have to create custom styles, but it will take some work. For now, I just ask you guys to bare with us.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It will be until we get it customized. I was lucky to get them to add the banner. He did that because I bitched enough about the time it took to get this shit done.
No biggie, it's legible and that's all that matters. I remember the days of tinkering with "color themes" on some sites, I didn't GAS as long as I could read it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is there enough in the kitty to get a new banner made?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
All of this will take time, but I'm sure we can get it all fixed. We may have to create custom styles, but it will take some work. For now, I just ask you guys to bare with us.
"Bear with us."

/grammar Nazi :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
No biggie, it's legible and that's all that matters. I remember the days of tinkering with "color themes" on some sites, I didn't GAS as long as I could read it.
If you have experience with this, I may ask for your help with the styles.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Test post

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom