Should Carrot rest some starters vs. Giants?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recall a few games in the earlier part of the season where almost everyone who posts on this board also pulled the plug on the team to even a winning season. I indicated they would start slow due to the way the starters were held out but would hit their stride after about 4 or 5 games. I think the same circumstance is evident with the team now. If Garrett withholds the starters from the Giants game the team will not be revved enough to be sharp in the playoff rounds. I hope Garrett doesn’t follow his normal pattern.
I think Garrett has a history of wanting to rest guys. So while our starters might start against the Giants I'm guessing we will pull the plug before long. Which doesn't turn out well for us. Hell even Dak mentioned how he thought it led to us coming out of the gate slow last time we were in the playoffs. We shall see but I'm guessing we will rest guys and then come up super flat in the first half of our playoff game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They lost at San Francisco and looked like shit doing it 2 weeks ago, so there's that.

They're a completely different team on the road vs. at home and I feel like all people remember is how they look at home. I legitimately think they are a 13-3 caliber team at home and a 8-8/9-7 caliber team on the road.

They've only had 7 real road games since one of their "road" games was in London, and they're 3-4 over those 7, with one of those 3 wins coming at Arizona on a last second FG. They also got pretty lucky to win at Carolina where they gave up damn near 500 yards of offense.

Long story short, they're a good team and pretty much a toss-up matchup with us, but there is no way they are one of the best teams in the league once you get them away from Seattle.
And I think that's a fair evaluation. I think we have a chance because we are at home. And I don't think the Seahawks have a chance at the Superbowl because all of their games will be on the road. Oddly enough the Cowboys have also been pretty good this season at home. And not very good on the road.

The next round would get interesting for whoever wins. I don't think the Rams have much of a home field advantage. Of course the Saints play awesome as home. So whoever gets the Rams in my opinion has a better shot.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Rest the D....they have performed.

Make the O with the exception of Zeke play entire game.

Simple as that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Rest the D....they have performed.

Make the O with the exception of Zeke play entire game.

Simple as that.
Seems reasonable but I’m not crazy about the idea of giving NY a chance to win the game and Philadelphia backing into a wild card birth. I dont want to meet them again this season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Seems reasonable but I’m not crazy about the idea of giving NY a chance to win the game and Philadelphia backing into a wild card birth. I dont want to meet them again this season.
I don't understand what one has to do with the other. Our game doesn't affect Philly whatsoever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
NY winning kind of screws their draft position though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have changed my mind. I think I sit Zeke regardless. He needs the rest.
I play errbody like a preseason dress rehearsal. That way it kind of has that feeling of a new season.

I don't think anyone needs to be cold. Play them a half. Don't be a pussy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I play errbody like a preseason dress rehearsal. That way it kind of has that feeling of a new season.

Zeke is worn out. Rest him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Our game vs the Giants has zero to do with whether or not the Eagles get in the playoffs. The only thing that matters to them is they have to win and have the Vikings lose to the Bears.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

That my position as well.

Top Bottom