Sharing adjoining lockers - Jeremy Mincey's opinion of Greg Hardy

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sharing adjoining lockers - Jeremy Mincey's opinion of Greg Hardy

SportsDayDFW Follow @SportsDayDFW

Published: 25 April 2015 08:12 PM

Updated: 25 April 2015 08:12 PM

Jeremy, what did you think when you heard about the Greg Hardy suspension, and how does it impact you?

Mincey: It definitely has an impact on me. We had some guys suspended last year. We just got to hold the fort down and wait for them to come in and do his thing. I met him, he sits right beside me in the locker room, which is a good thing because I really like him, man. He’s more level-headed than people think. He’s a little crazy, but he’s level-headed. He respects those that came before him, and he’s a hard worker, so I really like the kid…I think with this suspension – that’s pretty tough, man. That’s a lot of games, that’s a lot of money out of his pocket, you’re taking away from his family for one mistake. It’s crazy.

Do you think, because of all the games he missed last year, that a just a substanial fine would have been fair, and he could be back on the field right away?

Mincey: I really think a fine is fair. Because it means a lot to our team. They signed him for a great amount of money, and he’s a good player. And he’s a good person, actually, if people can look deeper than what the media say and all that type of stuff. I mean, I don’t know, it’s a weird thing. But I think most guys should be fined, and deal with it that way…I think we should be more leinient if we don’t really know everything about something.

On Hardy’s character/personality…

Mincey: Sometimes people just act out of their character. Look at it like this – everybody gets mad at the bear when the bear attacks, but nobody knows about the rocks being thrown at the bear, how many times people poked the bear and that type of stuff, I mean, people act out of characters sometimes in a heated situation, and I think that’s pretty much what it was.

He’s an energetic guy, and I think if you can channel that energy in the right way he can really be special, man. He has a good work ethic. That’s what I love about him. He feels like he has something to prove, and he’s working hard, and he’s blending in real well with the fellas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
boozeman said:
Mincey: Sometimes people just act out of their character. Look at it like this – everybody gets mad at the bear when the bear attacks, but nobody knows about the rocks being thrown at the bear, how many times people poked the bear and that type of stuff, I mean, people act out of characters sometimes in a heated situation, and I think that’s pretty much what it was.
What he said about the fines and all was kinda dumb, but this is spot on.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What he said about the fines and all was kinda dumb, but this is spot on.
Actually I think a fine makes a lot of sense in this situation, if we lived in a rational world.

He already sat out 17 games. If the argument is that he got paid last year, then fine him.

What's not rational is a 27 game suspension.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually I think a fine makes a lot of sense in this situation, if we lived in a rational world.

He already sat out 17 games. If the argument is that he got paid last year, then fine him.

I totally agree. That''s basically what Peterson got. Why the hell should Hardy face a worse punishment.

Is anyone going to tell me her injuries looked worse then this?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I was more referring to him saying that a fine is sufficient in most cases. It seems like he is saying that suspensions are a bad thing period. I do agree that a fine would be sufficient in the Hardy case.

Top Bottom