'Several' Cowboys players reportedly say their play-calling is too predictable

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Whenever you do get any quote of substance from the players or coaching staff, it is always something along the lines of "Well, we had a run/pass option there and what the defense dictated was the pass."

I don't think they dictate anything offensively. I think they try to outsmart themselves and then after the fact say "Well, that was the right call because that was what the defense showed us" I don't imagine it is too difficult for a good defense coordinator to get them to call whatever he wants them to run in those situations.
Exactly. For a supposed impose your will on the other team with the run philosophy they sure do execute it half-assed

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
To be fair though, I don't recall what I replied "EXACTLY" to in the first place.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
To be fair though, I don't recall what I replied "EXACTLY" to in the first place.
You were replying to a [MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] post, so I can't imagine you were replying to a post calling the coaching smart.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Doesn’t make sense to say that me, T-Will, Bease & me all ‘declined’ at the same time.

This is the part of the quote I was responding to.

Other than Dez being so narcissistic that he named himself twice (replace one of them with Witten I guess), this is exactly right.

It makes no logical sense that every single player in the passing game declined all at the same time.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't recall saying anything close to our coaches being smart.
I’m agreeing with your agreement.

There’s just not enough of your post to provide context and I wasn’t about to requote that tweet yet again.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This shit is embarrassing. Coach or player it is just plain old embarassing.

Top Bottom